Daeldalus Reader
5/1/18 12:54 p.m.

I am(slowly) building up a dune buggy I recently purchased. It has a remote master cylinder reservoir. The plastic (nylon maybe?) Clear hose that came with it split within a week. What kind of readily available rubber hose is compatible to use for this? The master cylinder grommet Is rubber so I know that some type of rubber is brake fluid resistant.


Silicone? Transmission hose? Fuel line? Gates barricade hose?

The0retical UltraDork
5/1/18 12:58 p.m.

SAE J1401 complaint hose is the standard for resisting DOT3 or DOT4 fluid.

Daeldalus Reader
5/1/18 1:10 p.m.
The0retical said:

SAE J1401 complaint hose is the standard for resisting DOT3 or DOT4 fluid.

Sounds good. So what does that mean for easy to find rubber hoses?

The0retical UltraDork
5/1/18 3:15 p.m.

In reply to Daeldalus :

Mainly finding a supplier. Everyone seems to sell pre fabbed ones except places like Alibaba.

The other option would to be use something like the Project Binky guys did and call up an Earls vendor for a roll of their SpeedFlex line and Speed Seal ends. If you have AN fittings on the remote reservoir it makes things a lot easier.

If you just want rubber lines, most hydraulic shops can fab them up pretty reasonably and quickly if you give them the measurements.

JBasham HalfDork
5/2/18 2:40 p.m.


It's hard to find.

Wilwood 220-3357 is 3/8"

Tilton 74-214 is 5/16"

Both available at Summit Racing, at least they used to be.

Also when I need weird hydraulic stuff I always check discounthydraulicsupply.com

fasted58 MegaDork
5/2/18 2:44 p.m.
Our Preferred Partners