David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/5/15 1:01 p.m.

We've been writing about the dirty details of motorsports for 30 years now. Our featured article this week comes from the dark ages, before we started creating digital versions of the magazine. So we had to march back to our archives, pick out the magazine and then dig out the scanner.
Brake on Through Brake on Through Brake on Through Brake on Through Brake on Through

Get the best hands-on racing coverage eight times a …

Read the rest of the story

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/5/15 4:11 p.m.

Is there a way to get this clearer so it is readable? I would LOVE to see a redo of this story!

Thanks!

Rob R.

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
1/6/15 9:28 a.m.

I'm curious to know how much brake pad tech has changed in the 18 years since David wrote this.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA Dork
1/7/15 11:28 a.m.

Also, no mention of ceramic compounds in the body copy with their positive and negative attributes. Our '97 Camry came new with ceramic brake pads so they were mainstream by then.

Kia_Racer
Kia_Racer Dork
1/24/15 6:56 a.m.

I want to read this but there is no way to make it bigger or clearer.

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
1/24/15 7:18 a.m.

Reads fine on my screen - maybe try right-click, "open image in new tab". I just did to see what would easily work and BOOM! Big words!

But it does read fine for me in the forum window.

Armitage
Armitage HalfDork
1/24/15 7:34 a.m.

The scan is completely legible. If you have a smaller screen, hit ctrl-+ in your browser to zoom in (Firefox, at least. Not sure about other browsers).

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
1/24/15 1:36 p.m.

In reply to Armitage:

Agreed. Easy enough to read as is.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/22/16 8:39 p.m.

We tweaked the title for this one so it's a little easier to find. Happy reading.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Pabi62MgGecSivjMhByD7txi2prNaU2nr36auscpM724E13afM9NFrO5gI1jYBn4