RacerBoy75
RacerBoy75 Reader
3/21/23 8:28 p.m.

I just got a set of Bridgestone RE-71RS's that I will be autocrossing for the first time this weekend. For the last few days I've been doing searches, but haven't been able to find out what hot pressure these tires like best. For those of you that have experience with these tires, any recommendations? The only thing I've seen say that they like less pressure than Falken RT660's, which is pretty vague.

They will be on a 2010 Cayman S with stock wheels and suspension. 245/40-18 front, 275/35-18 rear.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/21/23 8:31 p.m.

I ran 235/75-18s on the G35 and my start pressures were 28. I would let them settle at about 30-31.

That was the older RE71R.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/21/23 8:55 p.m.

I have a set of the new rs version for my miata. I'm still working out pressures. The last event I ended up with 29 front, 27.5 rear for my last and fastest run. That was my 36th autocross run on them.

They're a really good tire, I just bought another set for my civic.  My biggest issue is that they're so much better than the Rivals that I've been using, that I'm not pushing hard enough.

dps214
dps214 SuperDork
3/22/23 1:07 a.m.

There is some variance between tire models but for the most part optimal pressure is a function of car, setup, and tire size. Last year we ran falkens in those widths (but 19") on a 981 cayman s. I don't remember exactly but I believe hot pressures were in the ballpark of the pressure listed on the door jamb label, maybe a bit higher. I'd start there and be prepared to work down until the whole tread surface is being used. Are stock wheels 8" or 8.5"? With pinched front tires and stock (none) camber the fronts might want/need a bit of extra pressure. With fully stock suspension don't be afraid to leave the rear pressures a bit high to help with rotation.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RfqLKLBfvD22HQpypdcLouaOvuBLa4KcUp0BPUJHPcOpeuNF0DHyY1vUSe0aBkUl