Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
6/25/18 9:46 a.m.

Like stories like this? You’ll see every article as soon as it's published by reading the print edition of Grassroots Motorsports. Subscribe now.

Story By Andy Hollis • Photos As Credited

One of life’s maxims is that there always comes a time to move on to something new. Life is short and repetition is boring–or, put another way, variety …

Read the rest of the story

te72
te72 Reader
6/25/18 11:12 p.m.

Good Lord, if the last 20% of my Supra takes 80% of the total project time, I'm in for a LONG project. Took 6 years just gathering parts, and nearly two years putting them all together. It's nowhere near done, but it is getting a little bit better each time I tinker with it a little more, fix the little stuff, get rid of squeaks and rattles, eliminate leaks, etc...

Also... as much as I love my Miata, the K swap seems a bit odd. I love the idea of a high revving, naturally aspirated engine that makes good power for the size and weight all through the RPM band, but... S2000. Yeah, they're a couple hundred pounds heavier, and I don't think the F20/22C engines have quite the development level as the K series do, but, in the end, it's a high revving, naturally aspirated engine in a nice handling roadster. Isn't that the end goal here?

Good thing I live at high altitude, makes the choice easier for my car. It's either gonna need boost or a V8. Small NA engines tend to be a bit anemic above 6500', most unfortunately.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GNSdWCwfagpuJ5Y0TlJezWiWGr2iPvTZvbJB5aaMkpuQFcYQgio2s4BHM3xZQpjH