David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
3/5/19 9:06 a.m.

This article is from a past issue of the magazine. Like stories like this? You’ll see every article as soon as it's published, and get access to our full digital archive, by subscribing to Grassroots Motorsports. Subscribe now.

Story and Photos by David S. Wallens

It’s rarely celebrated, but safety gear has literally kept our sport alive through a …

Read the rest of the story

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/5/19 11:24 a.m.

The guy who put a NASCAR-style cage into a Cayman for track days *knows* that he has a lot to lose laugh

ichirofanus
ichirofanus New Reader
3/5/19 1:38 p.m.

Totally enjoyed this article.  more please!

AlcantaraFTW
AlcantaraFTW New Reader
3/5/19 4:23 p.m.

Awesome info!

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/7/19 7:53 a.m.

It's easy to think safety gear isn't important...until you are on your roof or heading towards the tire wall.  One rollover convinced me how important it really is! Note that the belts were made to fit the car owner, an important consideration if buying a used race car.

pinchvalve

It's easy to think safety gear isn't important...until you are on your roof or heading towards the tire wall.  One rollover convinced me how important it really is! Note that the belts were made to fit the car owner, an important consideration if buying a used race car.

pinchvalve

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qBpK7YzL0hlYNqlJf5MOZTaFG4ywgstF5nVDuBOQbCvhEVfFI2h9FREoudzErd2f