1 2 3 4
Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/5/22 10:23 p.m.

In reply to FlightService :

On the test mule they had Goodyear Wranglers - an issue with production models.  Ford doesn't like the Wrangler name.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/15/22 7:06 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Lol yep. Ford swung their money around and got their own special Goodyear Goodyear tires on the Sasquatch models. 

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
8/16/22 8:26 a.m.

Well I have a window sticker and a blend date of 08/19!!!  Pick it up next week.

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
8/16/22 8:29 a.m.

(PS-This is also me)

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
8/16/22 11:55 a.m.

In reply to thatsnowinnebago :

These are the Goodyear Goodyears.  standard tire on the Ford Bronco Sasquatch packages.  It's been a good year for Goodyear, as Ford expanded the use of Goodyear Goodyears on Sasquatch, Everglades, Wildtracks.

good year Goodyear Goodyear indeed!

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/16/22 5:58 p.m.
FlightService said:

Well I have a window sticker and a blend date of 08/19!!!  Pick it up next week.

Post it up when you get it

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/16/22 6:44 p.m.

Turn it into an outback pickup like Fred and Dave did on Dirt Every Day.

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/16/22 8:31 p.m.
FlightService said:

What's a "blend date"? Is that the new term to describe the hell with the guy trying to sell you the extended warranty, paint protectant, and then the finance guy trying to take even more of your $? I mean it's kinda like being run through a blender...

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
8/17/22 9:52 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

I've seen that thing on YouTube.

1.  It looks ugly as berkeley.

2.  Being as respectful as I can be, due to actions by Toyota, they can berkeley themselves and I will do everything I can to avoid my money going to them in anyway.

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
8/17/22 9:53 p.m.

In reply to secretariata (Forum Supporter) :

When the body assembly and chassis assembly are merged to become a real Bronco.  Traditionally this was called the marriage date.

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
8/18/22 9:47 a.m.

In reply to thatsnowinnebago :

earlybroncoguy1
earlybroncoguy1 Reader
8/19/22 4:41 p.m.

Once you get it:

Make the bolts in the fuse box under the hood are tight.

Make sure the battery connections are tight.

Make sure the bolts holding the driveshaft yoke to the rear axle flange are tight.

Go ahead and order a replacement windshield now.

Get a Faraday pouch for your keyfob and USE IT.

Once you drive it for awhile and notice little things that annoy you, or that you want to modify, check into Forscan.

Please don't buy the "retro" Bronco script fender badges and stick them on. They're as bad as Jeep "angry eyes".

Make sure you've got the Ford app on your phone and you know how to unlock the doors with it - because you WILL lock your keyfob inside at some point.

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
8/20/22 7:36 a.m.

In reply to earlybroncoguy1 :

What is your user name on Bronco 6G?

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
8/22/22 9:13 a.m.

In reply to earlybroncoguy1 :

Already have the Bronco script.  This is the way.

how about this to go with it?

earlybroncoguy1
earlybroncoguy1 Reader
8/22/22 12:43 p.m.

AH! My eyes!

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/23/22 7:00 a.m.
FlightService said:

In reply to Folgers :

Oh I like where your head is at.

the fam has shopped the following ideas:  (we are in Virginia)

lighthouse tag with DIMLY 

Alzheimer's tag  with WHO

Colonial Patriots tag (where the guy is wearing a red coat i.e. British soldier) with LOSER

Gadsden Flag with NO READ

Children First tag with EAT THE

Fishing Boat with FISHY

we have also thought about getting a Geocache travel bug and making that our tag number.

we also have a very official looking tag and put NOT CIA

I knew you had to be from Virginia.  People in other states are like, what's he even talking about?

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/23/22 8:28 a.m.

Can I check it out when you get it? 

Congrats! I had a blend date of 08/12 for my Shadow Black, no-options, 2 door base. The Ford tracker still shows "In Production". My original blend date was 06/20 but it was pushed back. I have had a window sticker since June. The modules have populated and a tear tag number was generated on the As Built site. Ford chat stated that it has been built and has an estimated dealer arrival date of 7 September. The dealer had no information other than it was in production.

I ordered from a dealer 90 miles away as all the local dealers had ridiculous dealer fees. The huge volume dealer near me has a dealer fee of $1,395! The dealer I ordered from is one of just a few that do not charge a dealer fee in the state of Florida.

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
8/25/22 1:27 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

I am going through Jack Demmer Ford in Detroit because all of the DC area Ford dealers are trash and charge ADMs ($5k to $20k) and average $800 in fees and Demmer doesn't.  My closest local dealer, Koons Ford, actually kicked off the whole dealer ADM scandal with national recognition for charging $20,000 just to be put on the list to buy a new Ford lightning.  berkeley them all I hope their dealerships burn down.  

I have a blend date of August 19, my bronco is showing still in production with no ETA as to the delivery date.

I am getting very anxious and excited

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/25/22 4:00 p.m.

I recently learned of a dealer in Fayetteville NC that doesn't charge ADMs. It's about 5hr drive from us. 

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
8/26/22 10:36 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

There are a few out there.  Just got to dig to find them.  

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/26/22 10:40 a.m.

On the way home from work yesterday I saw a new bronco on a flatbed with what I can only imagine was a broken tie rod. The passenger wheel was hard over and the driver wheel was straight away. Didn't get a picture but the truck looked stock. Was unfortunate.

freetors
freetors Reader
8/26/22 1:04 p.m.

Yeah there's been more than a few that have had that happen. One dude when had one break turning around in his driveway. And he didn't even have sasquatch sized tires. Those tie rods are criminally undersized.

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
8/27/22 11:09 a.m.

In reply to freetors :

They are. I see you too are on Bronco 6G.

I am gonna buy some tie rod reinforcements.

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
8/27/22 12:56 p.m.

Make sure yours has a manual transmission.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9KG3Cz9sNkrl7VLdhGxnGuiLeWYr3b2WVTwwXgyLDNDLbw89wTrnO7E49KW4tTs0