1 2 3 4
FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
9/9/22 8:37 p.m.

My salesman sent these this morning I pick it up on Thursday.  Anyone want to contribute some Detroit auto show tickets?

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
9/12/22 6:58 a.m.

Delete button broken

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
9/12/22 6:59 a.m.
Stampie said:

Sell for profit.  Buy Jeep XJ.

GAH!    NO.... JUST    NO | image tagged in ew,gross,no,i cant deal,ugh | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

My love for Jeeps ended at the TJ.  

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
9/12/22 7:07 a.m.

Ok so I am definitely going to do something about that body seam weld flange at the bottom of the cab first. Either paint it or get some trim tape.  Second will probably be a set of  Rough Country Tow Hook Brackets to get rid of the regular hooks in the front (they look like the one on the rear bumper in the photo.)

Tow Hook Brackets | Ford Bronco 4WD (2021-2022)

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
9/12/22 7:10 a.m.

I have  to say I find it interesting how the off road community still hasn't learned that lite is right!  Did they forget that the Lotus 7 started as this?

buzzboy
buzzboy SuperDork
9/12/22 9:38 a.m.
FlightService said:

I have  to say I find it interesting how the off road community still hasn't learned that lite is right!  Did they forget that the Lotus 7 started as this?

The offroad community knows this. That's why so many offroad Jeep XJs(wink) and Side-by-sides

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/12/22 10:58 a.m.

Yep. 

XJ, 3500 pounds. Mostly stock with 3" lift and 32" MT tires. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPo_INPyVUE

Same hill, same day. Samurai, 2400 pounds. 2" lift and 31" AT tires. https://youtu.be/AzEl5KQxGVE?t=10

No video of my XJ, but with the bumpers and winch, it's probably 4000 pounds or more. I ended up off the edge of the road and ate the bearings in a front universal climbing that. 

Weight is the death of off-road parts. Some of these guys are wheeling 7-8k pound rigs and wondering why they keep breaking parts and getting stuck. Then they get pissed when a E36 M3ty little Samurai goes scooting by. 

20210221_122915.jpg

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/12/22 11:24 a.m.

Low weight is second only to short wheelbase in the list of most underappreciated factors that can make an offroad vehicle great.

Posting in here because every time I see this thread title my brain says "Step 1: Accumulate a pallet-full of cash..." laugh

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
9/18/22 7:29 a.m.

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
9/19/22 12:19 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

I am not standing on a pallet for you.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sQo0DI47viyFxN4VkAsy0asP83X0bBb0KGozxwyaXm5Br6421vQgimLSRjBesMdp