Will
Will UltraDork
5/4/21 4:42 p.m.

I'm seriously considering a ~2015 ATS as my new DD. I'm thinking 2.0 turbo RWD, and while I'd prefer a manual, I can live with an auto. 

Anyone have any experience with them? Big American cars are kind of my happy place (past & current cars have included multiple T-Birds, a Camaro and a CTS-V) and I just love the looks of these.

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/4/21 7:31 p.m.

I owned a '14 for a year (2.0T, AT, AWD, Base model). The turbo has good power, but the sounds it makes are very industrial. This is probably the only case where an artificial soundtrack would help!  

GM autos are pretty good, it's not super sporty, though. Handling and braking are both excellent, and the car soaks up the miles easily. The controls are annoying because everything is a touch screen.  Things like switching from full warm to full cold take forever compared to a knob, but I know a lot of modern cars suffer from this issue.

I sold it after a year, I was too paranoid owning a new car (I need mine pre-dented), and I never really fell in love with it. I'd definitely recommend driving a manual and an auto, and I would try the V6, as well.

Will
Will UltraDork
5/5/21 7:20 a.m.

Thanks. I know they're not super common, but if anyone else has experience with these cars, please let met know.

I know it shares the 2.0 with the Camaro, but how much of the rest of the platform is shared (if any)?

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
5/5/21 7:53 a.m.

Everything is interchangeable, hard parts wise.  The ATS-V and 1LE have chassis bracing that, according to the engineer I talked to at a Cadillac V Lab event, will bolt up on any Alpha chassis

Our Preferred Partners
zMZR0kcI0CdCet2cLBGBreO8uAmOEZEZ7CLW1XFOhV4d5NLWGuIWtPOhXSxcBhPq