1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
4/26/15 5:25 p.m.

You seem pretty unattached to reality. I'm done.

iceracer
iceracer PowerDork
4/26/15 5:41 p.m.

After all of the rhetoric here, if it hasn't been said.

I suspect tr8todd knew who the car belonged to or else he is the biggest wimp on this earth.

Call the police, have it towed. Done and done.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
4/26/15 5:42 p.m.

I'm not the berkeleying idiot with the gun. I will not apologies for calling out the berkeleying idiot with the gun.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
4/26/15 5:51 p.m.

I decided to be a troll some more.

Who is more of a danger to society?

The person who runs a stop sign?

Or, the person who points pistols at people because they feel it is there job to enforce traffic control devices?

Why are you letting your kids play out in the street anyway?

Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado HalfDork
4/26/15 5:56 p.m.

I hope that one of you ends up as the "berkeleying idiot" without a GRM account.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
4/26/15 6:02 p.m.
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado wrote: I hope that one of you ends up as the "berkeleying idiot" without a GRM account.

You are right. I stepped over the line. I'm sorry, I got sucked in.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/26/15 6:25 p.m.
TheDeafElectrician wrote:
Nick_Comstock wrote: You seem pretty unattached to reality. I'm done.
Unattached? You think you know me Nick but you don't. I have a clean driving record, no rap sheet, defended OUR country, recieved top secret clearance, have a young family I care very much about, use 0 mind altering substances including energy drinks, have no religious affiliation. NOW you know. You think I am unattached to reality? You have done nothing but insult me. Go ahead. Be overwhelmed. What you SHOULD have done was apologize for insults, and agreed to see things differently than I do.

And yet you break the law and threaten people with a deadly weapon, and think it's OK because you've never been caught.

Stop bragging on your illegalities while trying to claim to be perfect, or at least more right than the rest of us.

You are only confirming Nick's point.

I have no interest in a man who believes the kind of things you do "defending" my country.

That's NOT what they taught you.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/26/15 6:45 p.m.
Nick_Comstock wrote:
TheDeafElectrician wrote: I point pistols at the people who run the stop sign in front of my house. I have kids. I usually do not get repeat offenders.
You should not be allowed to own a gun.
You aren't the judge of that. The applicable governing bodies are and they state that I am more than qualified.

Actually, you are wrong about that.

The applicable governing bodies who issued your gun permit already say that you may not have a gun if you use it the way you are describing.

The crimes you are confessing to would easily have those applicable governing bodies revoke your gun permit and lock you up.

But, you already knew that.

It's pretty obvious you are knowledgeable on the subject, and know full well what is not legal. You are trolling this thread for the effect only.

Kind of like intimidating someone by pointing a gun at them for committing a minor traffic misdemeanor. I'm pretty sure you've never done this, but just get a kick out of getting people worked up.

I am also pretty sure you've run stop signs, but will tell us you have not. Hah!

Again I say, Grow up.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/26/15 6:55 p.m.

In reply to TheDeafElectrician:

We have already given you the proper methods for dealing with the problem.

Get the tag. Call the police. If you'd like to go a step further, take a movie.

If someone is "blowing through stop signs", why are you sitting there with a gun? Are you trying to ambush them?

Nick suggested a neighborhood watch group. Also a positive approach.

I stopped people from doing the same thing by walking out to the street and talking to them. I have also gone to their houses, and stepped out into the road to make it clear that I knew who they were, and I was not afraid to follow up.

I suppose there could even be an occasion when showing a holstered and properly licensed and permitted weapon was appropriate.

Pulling the weapon and pointing it at someone is NOT OK. IT'S NEVER OK.

If it's true that you feel pulling a gun and pointing it at them is "necessary", then you have a problem with violent behavior, and really should seek professional help.

Please do this, for your kid's sake.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/26/15 7:03 p.m.

I have not insulted you.

But you are wrong, and I am not afraid to say so.

You are suggesting activity that is dangerous and illegal. It is also very risky for you and your children. There are more appropriate ways to handle it, as I posted above.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/26/15 7:11 p.m.

Perhaps you thought "troll" was an insult. Quite the contrary, it might have been a compliment, and a term of respect.

You said you were military trained, and that you had served our country.

If that is so, then I can only assume that they trained you extremely well in how to handle a weapon around civilians.

Since this behavior is completely outside of that training, I can only assume 2 things...

Either you failed to learn what they taught you, and therefore failed your service and are incompetent (or even criminal), or you know it intimately well, and are choosing to "play us" and get us riled up. This is called "trolling".

I chose to believe that you are a well trained and competent individual who has served our country well, and credited you with the best option I could. That would mean you are trolling in this thread.

Don't take it personally. I've caught myself doing it occasionally too.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/26/15 7:14 p.m.

I am not telling you how to raise your children.

I am telling you that if you pull a weapon and point it at someone for a traffic violation, you could get them killed.

Road rage is common place. Just as you carry a weapon, so do many, many drivers.

If you point, they can. If you pull the trigger and miss, they can pull the trigger. Your kids could easily become victims.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/26/15 7:18 p.m.
TheDeafElectrician wrote: I have 0 incidents involving violent behavior outside of self defense. Including violent vehicle operations.

That's not true.

You have confessed gun violence in this thread. IT IS NOT SELF DEFENSE. You can't just make up your own rules.

You do not have to pull the trigger for it to be violent.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/26/15 7:20 p.m.
TheDeafElectrician wrote: In reply to SVreX: "Troll" in regard to the internet: A troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people. Sounds like an insult to me. So in YOUR OPINION, I have either failed my training. Which technically, according to your uncle (the one with the globetrotter get-up) I must not have; OR I am trolling?

Correct. Offer me another option.

What are you talking about- Uncle? Globetrotter? Is that a racial slur?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/26/15 7:22 p.m.
SVreX wrote: In reply to TheDeafElectrician: I am not telling you how to raise your children. I am telling you that if you pull a weapon and point it at someone for a traffic violation, you could get them killed. Road rage is common place. Just as you carry a weapon, so do many, many drivers. If you point, they can. If you pull the trigger and miss, they can pull the trigger. Your kids could easily become victims.
I appreciate the concern, but having a speeding car flying through stop signs is a situation where my "kids could easily become a victim". I'll take my chances just as the negligent driver does.

Oh look! Now the car is speeding too!

Keep changing the rules... Nice game.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/26/15 7:23 p.m.

Globetrotter is an all black basketball team.

Uncle Tom is a racial slur.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/26/15 7:24 p.m.

The amount of crazy in this thread is exponentially increasing. I wish this was all trolling, and I really hope it is. Because if it isn't, WOW. I mean, WHOA.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
4/26/15 7:25 p.m.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/26/15 7:30 p.m.
SVreX wrote: In reply to TheDeafElectrician: Globetrotter is an all black basketball team. Uncle Tom is a racial slur.
Uncle SAM you mean? Freudian slip?

No.

I meant what I said.

Uncle Tom is a racial slur. Has been for many years.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/26/15 7:35 p.m.
TheDeafElectrician wrote: In reply to SlickDizzy: Sorry SD. I didn't think it would be a big deal. Honestly. This guy is claiming I am a violent racist somehow.hahaha

I didn't claim anything.

I asked you to explain yourself.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/26/15 7:52 p.m.

That was not my claim.

That was your confession.

I am just observing what YOU are claiming.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
4/26/15 8:03 p.m.

You two FFs want to get a room? When you are the only two people posting and far afield of the actual topic and neither of you is the OP... you are both berkeleying trolls and threadE36 M3ters.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/26/15 8:05 p.m.

Raze
Raze UltraDork
4/26/15 8:06 p.m.

Fellas...cool it

I'm going to say this needs to be moved to off topic at a minimum...

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/26/15 8:09 p.m.

Pointing a gun at someone unprovoked is violent behavior, regardless of what you choose to call it. It is assault wth a deadly weapon.

It is NOT self defense.

If you have done this, then you have a problem with violent behavior.

But I have already said I don't believe you did this.

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
s4GPkjq09O8rB0fUgV2q96HXEqqYsqX5TqGWjayMKo4SlSHWQ43tGorUb3IIFqv1