1 2
spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/5/18 10:46 a.m.
sleepyhead said:
Fitz said:

HS is just the slowest of the street classes. It really isn't that slow nowadays. Consensus is the go to car is a Fiesta ST with some believing that the new Civic Sport, 06ish Civic Si and some odd option combo of Mini Cooper were darkhorses.

Yeah, I get that.  It's just interesting, because you could have an 01 Civic Dx paired against a 05 TL or 06 Si

re: MINI
it's probably a low-option '09 MINI Cooper S, with the factory LSD, sport suspension, and the JCW engine tune kit... although it's probably limited by the 17x7 wheels

not an S, all the S are in DS, it's a base car with all the JCW suspension bits. 

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/12/19 9:57 p.m.

So decided to bring this thread back out. 

Cameron is on a Tear again this year. Mike King Bought a Focus RS and ran off to DS. Ron Williams bought a Civic Si last month and ran off to GS.

Cameron won the Mineral Wells Pro in the Accord

https://www.scca.com/downloads/45919-official-class-results-w-protest/download

Also brought the accord to the mineral wells champ tour, but it was all slaloms and Ron was in his Mini and destroyed everyone at the event with a Top Pax performance of decimation. Cameron finished 13th in pax 3.7 sec behond Ron after the 2 days. 

Cameron Won Bump class at the Grenada ProSolo as well. But his accord window shattered on the way to the event so he opted to Hop in our other buddies Fiesta for that win. 

Cameron didn't win the Spring Nats Pro, or champ tour events. 

But his accord is strong as ever, continuing to show itself as a very capable Street Class autox platform at the national level. Which i think it super neat, cause it's a sweet DD. 

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
6/12/19 11:01 p.m.

WHERE ARE THE PICS?!!?!?!?

Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
6/13/19 9:30 p.m.

Cool that that car can do so well in that realm. I never liked it over the previous generation v6/manual coupe because it got bigger and had a slightly more boring shape to the powerband than the 3.0. I kind of think of it as a 'Japanese Monte Carlo'.  But, pulling out of slow corners constantly probably gives it a serious edge over the previous gen. 

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/13/19 11:13 p.m.
Vigo said:

Cool that that car can do so well in that realm. I never liked it over the previous generation v6/manual coupe because it got bigger and had a slightly more boring shape to the powerband than the 3.0. I kind of think of it as a 'Japanese Monte Carlo'.  But, pulling out of slow corners constantly probably gives it a serious edge over the previous gen. 

it has no diff, so low speed corners aren't a huge benefit, but big sweepers and midrange pulls it's making nearly 100 more HP and torque than the rest of the HS field right through the middle and upper rev range and carying at least 30-40mm more tire than anything else in class. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xC7LvA8Kn9pvRqO3YGlcef5A7gEVlTRQcGtzCNl5s1nJbGrCNJu9AFeY4ZciCny0