redflagg
redflagg
2/3/11 12:19 p.m.

Has anyone worked with camo vinyl wraps like this - http://www.camo4u.com

I am looking at doing up our racecar in realtree camo with orange numbers...

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog Dork
2/3/11 12:35 p.m.

To be true race track camo you should paint your car like a tire wall. As a bonus, all the other cars will avoid you thinking they're about to hit the tire wall!

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
2/3/11 1:53 p.m.
Junkyard_Dog wrote: To be true race track camo you should paint your car like a tire wall. As a bonus, all the other cars will avoid you thinking they're about to hit the tire wall!

To quote those Guinness Ads, brilliant.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
2/3/11 2:04 p.m.

Not in camo, but in OD green...

Using a camo wrap should be completely do-able. Check page 120 of the November 2010 issue for some quick tips on applying a vinyl wrap.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 HalfDork
2/3/11 3:17 p.m.

Did you ever show a cost for the miata wrap? That's such a cool scheme.

LopRacer
LopRacer New Reader
2/3/11 6:03 p.m.

I just skipped the whole wrap thing and painted the car OD green which will shortly be full on Woodland camo as time permits.

imirk
imirk New Reader
2/3/11 6:06 p.m.

Somehow I don't think sponsors like cars that blend in...

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
2/4/11 7:42 a.m.

The local National Guard trucks are digital camo.

failboat
failboat Reader
2/4/11 7:54 a.m.

I want to do something like this to the MPV.

After getting a 2 tone dark blue and gray, it seems like its all I see now on the road. I think every manufacturer did an SUV/crossover/wagon in nearly the exact same color scheme. Drab green is more apropriate for a ZAV anyways.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
2/4/11 8:39 a.m.
Teh E36 M3 wrote: Did you ever show a cost for the miata wrap? That's such a cool scheme.

All in, figure about $2k. It was a buddy deal, so there wasn't an invoice to list or anything. The cost is similar to a paintjob, but with much more detail. It also gets bonus points for protecting the factory paint while the car is playing dress-up.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
2/6/11 12:07 p.m.

http://www.morningwoodcamo.com/

This is the shizzle http://www.morningwoodcamo.com/galleryphotoHooters.html

pimpm3
pimpm3 New Reader
2/7/11 12:56 a.m.

Snow Camo! With red numbers... I have been kicking this scheme around for my ITA SE-R

YaNi
YaNi Reader
2/7/11 11:14 a.m.
pimpm3 wrote: Snow Camo! With red numbers... I have been kicking this scheme around for my ITA SE-R

Keven
Keven New Reader
2/7/11 9:54 p.m.

I want to vinyl wrap my scooter....where can I read up on getting this done or doing it myself?

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke New Reader
2/8/11 12:27 a.m.

Oooo I like the camo on the Ferrari! Full vinyl wrap is tempting with the range of weather here in Chicago. And I don't have to feel bad about not washing the car.

redflagg
redflagg New Reader
6/28/16 9:59 p.m.

we got a full camo wrap from them and have been really pleased...

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/29/16 8:33 a.m.

This is the type of place where I think PlastiDip is the beset option. It's flat out of the can, like camo, isn't permanent, like a wrap, and you get to lay out the pattern you want for far less money.

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon UltraDork
6/29/16 8:52 a.m.

What, are you trying to be John Cena?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OLxheB0GUYGdcW9I53JRL3gNeztKgrUYV0dcZpR8IZSFyccnpfZNd0kLQ970RueS