Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero UltraDork
2/6/17 11:10 p.m.

I still prefer to use the NV3500 on the LS, but the shifter and restraints control module (RCM) occupies the same space. Moving the RCM ~8 inches rearward (on the same plane) will allow me to do this:

Can I relocate the RCM without berking the system up?

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/6/17 11:36 p.m.

An educated guess says no problem as long as you mount it in exactly the same orientation. There are a buncha G sensors in there, it's bolted to the floor in a specific way for a reason.

appliance_racer
appliance_racer New Reader
2/7/17 6:40 a.m.

Hopefully you wont have to add length to the harness.....If you do be extremely careful as a change in the length of the harness will change the resistance readings the RCM is seeing and may give you troubles. The systems I work on continuously measure system resistances to the tenth of an ohms and generally get angry when anything changes +- .7-.8 ohms. Also Knurled is absolutely correct. The module will need to remounted at the same angles X,Y,Z as its original mounting location.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero UltraDork
2/7/17 9:58 a.m.

From what I can see, I won't that to extend the harness.

I'll take a closer look and take some measurements today.

This would be so easy if race car or money tree

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/7/17 11:22 a.m.

If it includes a yaw sensor there's some offset programmed in to deal with distance from CG.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UltraDork
2/7/17 2:01 p.m.

There are also at least two different shifter locations on the nv3500, one right at the front of the tail housing and another 6" or so rear of that. You might be able to move the shifter clear of the module.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero UltraDork
2/7/17 9:35 p.m.

I have the tail housing where the shifter tower is 6" rearward.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UltraDork
2/7/17 10:33 p.m.

My 2002 s10 has the far back shifter, but a 97-ish one has the further forward location, if that helps.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero UltraDork
2/8/17 12:09 a.m.

Yup, all the S10 NV3500 after 97 moved the shifter base back on the tailhousing.

This is one I have. It came out of a 99 S10 Blazer.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CTYOQzaiH1awBTXxVoyIoTWgsaVq445CphX21Q17186wWHP8ydICC1mEFhCWeWgT