1 2
robmillion
robmillion New Reader
1/6/19 5:53 p.m.

[EDITED to avoid advertising. sorry about that, i wasn't trying to get free ads or anything like that.]

so, it looks like i got canoed for offering [a service]..is it incorrect to offer a service like that in the parts for sale section? i know i technically would be working on someone else's parts. but i don't know where else to offer it.

anyway. my post disappeared. it would have been nice if i was told to move it or something...

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/6/19 6:23 p.m.

There also is a Shp Talk section, but I think that is for advertisers/sponsors of the magazines more than readers offering services, so parts for sale or even the main GRM forum may be the right place. I suspect you got labeled a canoe and then nuked because you are a New Reader and people did not recognize you as a real person. If one of the mods doesn't come along and respond in this thread or send you a PM, then maybe contact them and ask.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/6/19 8:14 p.m.

Real people rarely get nuked. 

Joshua must have the launch codes.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/6/19 8:23 p.m.

In reply to robmillion :

The owners of this site frown on commercial efforts from people who are not paying for advertising. 

There is some flexibility for community members, but you are new here, and not established as a member of the community. 

Try not to take it badly. I hope you will stick around and be involved in the community. Your services could be quite useful to many of us. 

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
1/6/19 8:45 p.m.

In reply to SVreX :

He doesn’t have many posts,   but he’s been a member for over a decade.

robmillion
robmillion New Reader
1/6/19 8:46 p.m.

In reply to SVreX :

ok no problem, i understand.

i was around years ago, but only posted a little back then. i didn't really think of it as a commercial endeavor because i don't expect too much work to come of it. if it turned out to be something that actually pays bills i would advertise, but really i was just expecting it to pay for a couple of beers now and then.

no hard feelings...

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/6/19 8:48 p.m.

In reply to Cotton :

Fair enough. I stand corrected. 

But being part of a community may have more to do with post count then with length of membership. 

Sorry you’re struggling with this, robmillion. 

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/6/19 8:49 p.m.

In reply to robmillion :

I’m betting you could straighten this out with a quick email to the staff. 

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
1/6/19 9:02 p.m.

In reply to robmillion :

I removed your post after pm’ing you, for reasons speculated upon above—we charge people to advertise their businesses on our site, and it is not fair to them (or us) to allow you to do so for free.

Since you apparently didn’t get the PM, I will ask you here to remove your newest  post, since it is just reposting the same solicitation framed as a question. You also may need to update your email address on record so you get our PMs. Kevin@grassrootsmotorsports.com can hook you up with an ad, or feel free to contact me tomorrow if you have any questions.

Margie

robmillion
robmillion New Reader
1/6/19 10:05 p.m.

In reply to Marjorie Suddard :

no problem. sorry about that. post is edited to avoid advertising of anything. anyway, sorry for the misunderstanding, but i am not currently interested in advertising as it probably wouldn't be worth it to me. my expectations were that this would make me about $30-$50 a month, and that's probably very optimistic. 

anyway, i updated my email so now at least i'll know if you're trying to reach me!

Marjorie Suddard
1/7/19 7:55 a.m.

In reply to robmillion :

No problem—thanks for understanding. :)

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/7/19 8:08 a.m.

Makes me wonder how much a full page ad is. I'm thinking just a picture of me working on a car.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/7/19 8:09 a.m.

That burns my eyes!

Marjorie Suddard
1/7/19 8:32 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

We’ve run worse as editorial. You wanna borrow JG for the photo shoot?

[edit] And after my morning coffee, rereading this makes me feel like a total shiny happy person. Rob, post away. It helps our members, and that’s worth something to us. Sorry!

Margie

The0retical
The0retical UltraDork
1/7/19 8:41 a.m.

JG and Stampie for a Jockey parody ad shoot for helmets? Someone call Simpson, I've got an idea.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/7/19 8:45 a.m.

In reply to The0retical :

I'm in!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/7/19 8:49 a.m.

I’m not sure how to feel when Margie suggests a photo shoot with JG and Stampie both undressed, and manages to mention ball gags in the same post!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/7/19 10:01 a.m.

Make sure you go full Burt Reynolds

GCrites80s
GCrites80s Reader
1/7/19 8:31 p.m.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/7/19 9:04 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to The0retical :

I'm in!

I'll put some money on that ad. 

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/7/19 9:25 p.m.

Grumpy did it better than Burt.

boxedfox
boxedfox Reader
1/7/19 9:53 p.m.

Good gravy. It's going to take quite a few drinks to make me forget what I saw in this thread.

robmillion
robmillion New Reader
1/7/19 10:20 p.m.

well this thread certainly took quite a turn...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/8/19 1:59 p.m.
Javelin said:

Grumpy did it better than Burt.

Do you realize how damn hard I searched for that picture? Google kept thinking I wanted small block Chevy heads.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/8/19 2:32 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

I searched for "Grumpy Jenkins Bear Rug".

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZqRsPSEF2RyCFrpmErkdnImdkpL1h3lc8KQTkWjplQ1c8dOC25jJzDacIA954DSf