1 2
Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
1/2/22 8:50 p.m.

I just need to goto the race track period. Work on the rest as time permits.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
1/2/22 9:55 p.m.

I definitely have got to start working on the retirement project TR3 I bought a couple of years ago.   Second, I have got to get the portable garage situation addressed.  The ridiculous lumber SNAFU last year put a halt to that.  

drock25too
drock25too Reader
1/2/22 11:20 p.m.

In reply to californiamilleghia :

Absolutely.  My  wife is terrified that I may buy a salvage yard. Even though I have no plans to. I just tell her, it's better than having one in the back yard, and she doesn't give me grief about going to the you pull it  yard. 

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/3/22 9:01 a.m.

Mine is just to get to the track/Autox as much as I can. I live less than an hour from prime Autox land (Lincoln) and have a new car trailer, Truck (Colorado ZR2) and car (BRZ) to take to track days. So no excuses at all to not be running it hard at least 12-14 weekends this year either track day or autox.

I've got my nephew as a co driver this year for autox so we are going to have a lot of fun together this summer. 

I don't need as much garage time so my 30 minutes a day will be hit type workouts and reaction training. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
1/3/22 9:15 a.m.

I am going to try to stick with the 30 min in the garage a day.

Opti
Opti Dork
1/3/22 9:34 a.m.

Mine is dont be such a fat lard. 

Last year I did more time in the shop/working on the house. Worked out really well for me. Its an actual habit now and Im getting all kinds of stuff done on the house and property and the cars are pretty much all caught up.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/3/22 9:34 a.m.

Do we want to use this thread for updates/progress or start a different one?  If we're keeping it here, I can update once a week on my progress. 

Spent about 3 hours yesterday on the garage.  It's an unbelievable mess at the moment.  A failed MINI project on jacks with no front suspension, stuff that should be in the attic around the garage because I can't be bothered to crawl up there, tools and parts everywhere with no organization, 1/2 of my son's stuff from his last apartment, etc.  Picked one corner and started cleaning.  Threw quite a bit away (the trash can is full for tomorrow's pickup) organized and cleaned.  Maybe tackled 5% of the overall mess.  Eventual plan is to get it all cleared out, get the MINI hauled off and start organizing my tools in prep for a project space near the end of the year. 

-Rob

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
1/3/22 9:25 p.m.

I have no idea where or best how to update this.  Today I worked on getting the shifter all the way out of the Subaru.  I got the car jacked up and on stands and removed the rear most transmission crossmember below the front of the shift linkage.  It was 8 bolts in all.  I should be able to remove the shifter linkage tomorrow (it's not super easy to access) and get the new shifter bushing installed and get the shifter seated in the plastic cup.  Seating a Subaru shifter into the plastic cup isn't nearly as easy as most Youtube videos make it sounds.  Funny thing is that none of them actually show it on video, just explain it. 

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
1/4/22 8:30 a.m.

Several years ago, I made a New Year's resolution to not make any more New Year's resolutions. I've kept it so far.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
1/4/22 10:38 a.m.

I hope to partake in 30 minutes a day when I get back to the farm. I really need to properly organize, greatly repair and massively upgrade my home shop space but removing the years of junk will greatly improve the space. 

ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter)
ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
1/4/22 10:56 a.m.

I don't make New Years resolutions for my hobbies; there's other more important stuff in my life, health and family.  That said, I'd really like to be a better racer and move from the back of the pack to the middle of the pack.  I'm trying to schedule at least 6 race weekends this year, and to do so I'm dropping all the other guy trips that I would usually partake in (fishing trips, music festivals, etc.)  I am working with a coach and I finally got my iRacing rig into a condition that I don't hate using it so hopefully it can help with my development, or at least learning new tracks.

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Dork
1/4/22 11:56 a.m.

30 minutes a day is a good one.

My resolution is kind of anti-car-guy. I have too many projects, so the resolution is to finish and sell 2 E30s and probably also sell the Tahoe and maybe the Silverado now that I have a Suburban also. The point of the resolution is that I have hermit tendencies, and COVID only exaggerated that. I need to spend time with my friends and family and not just working on stuff.

1/9/22 5:14 p.m.

I worked on the car Thursday and lost an hour to I'll fitting parts.....  turns out I was getting I'll too.  I had nothing in me Friday or Saturday.  Today I got the Subaru back together and driving with the new short shifter.  It makes the car feel way sportier.  So do I have to make up time for being legitimately sick?  Honestly I had a few 45 min and at least one 60 minute day this week.  I'm probably okay.

Next week I'm out of town for work M-F.  I leave Monday at 5 am for the  airport and get back about 8 pm.  Do I need to try and make up the time missed?  Or should I cut myself some slack and just get back at it on my return? 

1/10/22 9:05 p.m.

Well long day today of travel and work......  going to be a super early work day tomorrow and I should be done by lunch time thank goodness.  I'm still debating do a I try and do 3.5 hours this weekend or just say missed time is gone and do my best when I get back.  I hate falling behind, but beating yourself up to catch up ruins the fun aspects of working on my cars.  I do have two steering racks and shafts to install (camaro and subaru upgrades).  The Subaru is getting 04 STI parts and the LT1 Camaro is upgrading to LS1 parts. 

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
GbiOjYuk424FU29dzqibiCNa0QHxIvak6ruk7IT2jfDTUx7qjAOQ4LvP7YyJVtZ7