1 ... 4 5 6
OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/8/12 2:03 p.m.

In reply to Strike_Zero: Atlanta does seem to be home to many interesting automobile projects. Still, surprisingly (to me) I haven't found a single E38 with an LS engine on the interwebs, anywhere - which means it may have some very high hurdles...

All in good time.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
9/8/12 2:08 p.m.
Strike_Zero wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote: 1UZFE in the Jensenator. Right behind that, R1 Yamaha powered A Mod. EFI on the XS650. EFI on the 907 Lotus in Casper. 1990/91 Trooper with a DOHC 'Zuzu motor. I'd still like to build another rotary Spitfire, too. For LeMons, a Pinto with a Turbo Coupe motor. Anybody have a line on a cheap Pinto in the Southeast?
http://eastnc.craigslist.org/cto/3201801215.html No title though . . .

Oooohh... too bad it's been done as a drag race car. I'd have to start all over.

The0retical
The0retical Reader
9/8/12 2:22 p.m.
Raze wrote: Ultima GTR with the most incredible body kit for a street legal car, yes that's like driving a prototype on the street, that you can build in your garage...

Good lord almighty you just produced a picture of a GTR that isn't ugly. I'd change my mind about getting one if that kit isn't a one off.

JtspellS
JtspellS HalfDork
9/8/12 2:35 p.m.

This Or more realistically,

As far as looks i think this is about right...

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
9/8/12 2:36 p.m.
OHSCrifle wrote: In reply to Strike_Zero: Atlanta does seem to be home to many interesting automobile projects. Still, surprisingly (to me) I haven't found a single E38 with an LS engine on the interwebs, anywhere - which means it may have some very high hurdles... All in good time.

Indeed - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1730309

NGTD
NGTD Dork
9/8/12 2:52 p.m.

This with a built 2.3L turbo redblock, cage, gravel suspension and a set of rally tires (plus all the other stuff for rally). The joys of sideways gravel driving.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/8/12 3:09 p.m.
  • Exo-framed offroad truck, roughly the size, shape & layout of a twin-cab medium-bed 4runner (maybe a bit wider), modern moderately-sized non-turbo diesel of some kind w/ dry sump, extra fuel tanks w/ WVO system, 5spd (or maybe 6-speed, 5 close + overdrive?), gear driven diffless twin-stick tc, solid axles w/ selectable lockers, minimal fenders over massive protruding wheels, dual rate coils w/ twin shocks, hydro steer on both axles, heavy duty & redundant parts everywhere, relocatable winch, set up for deep wading with driveline breathers, snorkel & tasteful stack exhaust, all-LED lighting including cabin-aimable external spotlight, AC and heat in the cabin. I'd drive it anywhere I damn well please and inside would be a good temperature and free of bugs and airborne dirt.

• Something mid-engined, RWD, light, small, moderately powerful with lots of downforce and tire. An FF 818 could be very close.

Both would be quite unsporting to actually use in competition

Jaynen
Jaynen Reader
9/8/12 8:10 p.m.

So pretty much a diesel ultra 44 or king of the hammers type rig?

Jaynen
Jaynen Reader
9/8/12 8:12 p.m.
The0retical wrote:
Raze wrote: Ultima GTR with the most incredible body kit for a street legal car, yes that's like driving a prototype on the street, that you can build in your garage...
Good lord almighty you just produced a picture of a GTR that isn't ugly. I'd change my mind about getting one if that kit isn't a one off.

Wow that is hot. I looked last night and the link was not working. Anyone have more info on the car?

The0retical
The0retical Reader
9/8/12 8:26 p.m.

In reply to Jaynen:

Found this www.topspeed.com/cars/ultima/2011-rebellion-r1k-ultima-gtr-by-jon-olsson-ar105054.html

Sounds expensive....

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/8/12 8:31 p.m.
NGTD wrote: This with a built 2.3L turbo redblock, cage, gravel suspension and a set of rally tires (plus all the other stuff for rally). The joys of sideways gravel driving.

Unfortunately I can only vote that up once.

Raze
Raze SuperDork
9/8/12 9:02 p.m.
The0retical wrote: In reply to Jaynen: Found this www.topspeed.com/cars/ultima/2011-rebellion-r1k-ultima-gtr-by-jon-olsson-ar105054.html Sounds expensive....

It's Jon Olsson's, last I heard he was referring people to the shop he had build the body for 'kits'... I haven't kept up on it but I know he hated his twin turbo Lexus motor that burned more oil than a diesel and wanted a flat-crank V8, dunno what happened...

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/8/12 9:21 p.m.

In reply to Strike_Zero:

I have seen a couple started, never one finished.. All seem to run into problems related to steering. The one you linked has gone a long time with no news. I'd love to see it done, to keep the dream alive.

Here is another car that makes my head spin in a good way... http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=11770.0

Impressive integration of GM dash, ABS, etc. Both are WAY over my ability level, but we are talking about IDEAS, after all.

stealthfighter1
stealthfighter1 Reader
9/9/12 8:51 a.m.

a vh45 swapped infiniti m30 with the z32 trans, z32 front and rear suspension with rear end, brakes and all,coilovers and some 18xholybabyjebus .... in the oem pearl white or jet black.

a 91 ford crown victoria (could be substituted by a grandma-rquis) with a 351w stroked to a bullet 408, alum heads , fuel injected, with a manual trans, cobra brakes all around 4:10s in the 8.8 ,corbeau gts front seats with matching black tweed interior with a rollbar/harness bar , and coilovers so i can switch wheels and looks and places to drive it, has to be clean outside and black, but idk if satin or gloss, with or without front foglights,3 inch exhaust with electric cutouts so i can switch between making babys and adults cry and driving stealth mode thru the parking lot at targe'.

a 5.0/t5 powered 80's cressida sedan, in the brown they came in, slammed to the ground on old school mesh wheels with lips like topanga.could also be done with a 90' volvo station wagon, red with white wheels please. and an sr20det powered locost, a dohc5.4 powered 96 thunderbird or older f150.....or just a raptor f150 to dd and hoon.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/9/12 8:58 a.m.
Jaynen wrote: So pretty much a diesel ultra 44 or king of the hammers type rig?

I couldn't find any info on these "diesel ultra 44" trucks but the KoH rigs are pretty close, except quite a bit more stripped (no interior/real cargo area, 2-seat glassless cabin) and desert-purposed (no wading equipment, zero fenders = epic mud flinging) than I have in mind.

westsidetalon
westsidetalon Reader
9/9/12 9:20 a.m.

my 4g63 powered ,5spd supra shifted, $500 BMW 318ti GRMC $2013 car

singleslammer
singleslammer Reader
9/9/12 9:23 a.m.

Somewhere back in this thread was some talk of a mgb-gt. I'll say one of those with the lightest weight 5.0 I can build. Also, a mini truck 1uz'ed. A pro-touring first gen Mustang. Putting some ridiculously, powerful and obscure motor in my galaxie, like a turbo Ford 300 6 cylinder.

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fsWvFIFZy3OTNg4eA4gA1li6xZKu3Srx1oijHJLaJmWJQbtq8kwgTlDyiEjss2fb