1 ... 9 10 11
Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
8/31/15 9:04 p.m.

OP has them!

daeman
daeman Reader
8/31/15 9:22 p.m.

Swank needs to address needs ahead of wants.... Makes things a little easier, if only ever so slightly.

Alternatively... Forget the whole thread and go b2600i, because I'm painful

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
8/31/15 10:50 p.m.

Eh if it were about needs, i'd just go get a Camry, but that's no fun, now is it?

daeman
daeman Reader
9/1/15 12:06 a.m.

Camry, 3sgte, beige paint, big turbo.... Hilarity! Sounds like a great idea.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/1/15 8:02 a.m.
daeman wrote: Camry, 3sgte, beige paint, big turbo.... Hilarity! Sounds like a great idea.

And that's the rub, isn't it? I'm a Toyota fanboi enough to know what i would/could do to a Camry, and i'd be right back to ruining daily drivers. Sigh.

https://youtu.be/Ifv5FPxy5QI

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
9/1/15 8:30 a.m.

I've grown to think that wants are often more important than needs in a car purchase. Pretty much all cars get you place to place. Lots of cars can be pressed into inappropriate service (like Petrolburner towing a pop up camper with his Corvette), but loving a car is all about satisfying wants.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/1/15 8:34 a.m.

Like i said earlier in this thread, there's an 80% chance that i don't even NEED a car, i'll be working from home by the end of the year and i can just steal SWMBO's vehicle for groceries and such.

So for something i MIGHT put 5000 miles a year on, the wants outweigh the needs. If the Miata were just a little more street-friendly, i'd just roll with it.

PeterAK
PeterAK Dork
9/1/15 8:39 a.m.
mazdeuce wrote: I've grown to think that wants are often more important than needs in a car purchase. Pretty much all cars get you place to place. Lots of cars can be pressed into inappropriate service (like Petrolburner towing a pop up camper with his Corvette), but loving a car is all about satisfying wants.

Well said. This is how I went from a Suburban to an Accord. I could easily justify a huge truck, at least to myself. Same for a sports car--kids are the only real limiting factor, as car seats are necessary when they are young.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/1/15 2:39 p.m.

Get quirky and dump everything from The Cherokee Of Rarity into this thing?

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/5187981633.html

failboat
failboat UltraDork
9/1/15 3:30 p.m.

woodgrain needs a comeback.

From Season 1 of Better Call Saul..

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
9/1/15 3:31 p.m.

maybe a 911....

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/1/15 3:38 p.m.

WOOD IS GOOD!

doo itt.... A briarwood would also be acceptable.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/1/15 3:47 p.m.

I've always had a thing for the XJ Wagoneer fronts in general. They're weird. I like weird.

80-img_04521_zpsxb7wv9k9_d2aca3aa0096a3a61317dba8f3f67a620d73f732 by concealer404, on Flickr

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
9/1/15 4:19 p.m.
Pbw
Pbw New Reader
9/7/15 8:48 p.m.

Not mine. But pack your day bag and head south!

1988 Mitsubishi Montero turbo diesel. 4wd, cold a/c, manual trans

http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/5210484966.html

Powar
Powar UltraDork
9/21/15 8:16 a.m.

Your Jeep's (almost) twin was recently listed in Paoli:

http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/5231512915.html

1998 jeep Cherokee XJ. 4x4 2door. 4.0L 5 speed. 177,000miles Jeep is completely stock and unmolested. Body is in really good shape and paint is good. only bubbles in paint is drivers side behind door. Interior is in good shape. Dirty right now but only 1 small rip in the drivers seat. Jeep runs good. rear end has been replaced. after installing the new rear we pulled the cover and found it was not a matching gear to the front axle (junk yard lied to us and there was no id plate with the cover) Front passenger side axle has been taken out and used in another jeep during a pinch. I have a good matching set of axles to go with it along with a small lift. $1500 obo. Might consider trade for a nice car trailer. No BS. No holds. 812four98one736
Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/21/15 8:40 a.m.
Powar wrote: Your Jeep's (almost) twin was recently listed in Paoli: http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/5231512915.html
1998 jeep Cherokee XJ. 4x4 2door. 4.0L 5 speed. 177,000miles Jeep is completely stock and unmolested. Body is in really good shape and paint is good. only bubbles in paint is drivers side behind door. Interior is in good shape. Dirty right now but only 1 small rip in the drivers seat. Jeep runs good. rear end has been replaced. after installing the new rear we pulled the cover and found it was not a matching gear to the front axle (junk yard lied to us and there was no id plate with the cover) Front passenger side axle has been taken out and used in another jeep during a pinch. I have a good matching set of axles to go with it along with a small lift. $1500 obo. Might consider trade for a nice car trailer. No BS. No holds. 812four98one736

Hrmmmm... man i don't know what to do here. We're getting Jaynen's Montero as soon as insurance gets their head out of their ass, but what i'll be driving is still very much in limbo.

I guess it kindof sortof makes sense to grab that, swap in the axles from mine, tear down mine for spares to keep on hand, then crush the rest. Then sell the Blue Jeep to fund suspension on the new Cherokee of Rarity?

STM317
STM317 New Reader
9/22/15 6:25 a.m.

I haven't been around long, but this seems like your kind of thing: https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/5225520683.html

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/22/15 7:30 a.m.

That is very much my kind of thing, save for the stupid exhaust and hideous hood.

But also a bit out of budget.

Powar
Powar UltraDork
9/22/15 8:17 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
Powar wrote: Your Jeep's (almost) twin was recently listed in Paoli: http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/5231512915.html
Hrmmmm... man i don't know what to do here. We're getting Jaynen's Montero as soon as insurance gets their head out of their ass, but what i'll be driving is still very much in limbo. I guess it kindof sortof makes sense to grab that, swap in the axles from mine, tear down mine for spares to keep on hand, then crush the rest. Then sell the Blue Jeep to fund suspension on the new Cherokee of Rarity?

Swapping the axles from yours makes total sense in my mind if you want to continue to have a 2dr 5 spd 4x4 facelifted Cherokee. You probably aren't going to find a better deal on one.

1 ... 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
816XtriB2a2UlPfbp96P50awL38ctSAzKkBnikMZL5BwMcKoEN0IjIsK24U3hk1s