1 2 3 ... 5
Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltraDork
2/27/13 7:40 p.m.

66 Olds Delta 88- I found it parked in my then girlfriends Dads garage- Lovely, 10 years old, 2 door hardtop, buckets and floor shift, 125,000 miles, quit running, so he parked it 3 years prior. I put a new distributor cap on and drove it for 20,000 miles without ever draining the oil...but it burnt a quart every 50 miles. When I took the 425 apart to rebuild, all the valve seals were piled in the drainback holes in the corners of the cylinder heads. Most funnest thing ever: If I drove the car gently for about 20 miles, then kicked it down and ran it up hard, I could make a cloud of smoke that would stop traffic on both sides of a 4 lane highway. Very entertaining for a 19 year old.;<)

I just remembered that the TH400 would decide to puke a quart of fluid out the filler tube every now and then, pouring it all over the exhaust manifold. I presume there was a seal that was a bit hard in there someplace, but the trans always worked perfectly.

I also ruined the driving experience by installing a jobber cam when I rebuilt it. Before, it would pull hard to 5500, after it wheezed past 4000. A valuable lesson.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/27/13 7:45 p.m.

Bought for $1000 and got it running with a set of plug wires and points. It was in fantastic condition.

(I did change the mirrors but no pictures of the after)

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
2/27/13 7:49 p.m.

All of them for one reason or another. Probably most of all was my 87 944.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
2/27/13 7:52 p.m.

351 Cleveland, top loader, 9" LSD.

Ford_XB_Fairmont_GS_V8 photo Ford_XB_Fairmont_GS_V8-1.jpg

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/27/13 7:53 p.m.

my 72 911... even though I broke it (and was too poor being a college student to fix it) I should have just stuffed it in my parents garage and found something cheap to get through school

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/27/13 7:53 p.m.

totally sad every time i think about it.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UberDork
2/27/13 7:54 p.m.

all of them!!!! Even the rusted out junk.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
2/27/13 7:59 p.m.

My '65 Chevelle Malibu 4-door. 283 with a Powerglide. God I loved that car. I really wish I had kept it because about a year in a half after I sold it, the repro part companies started making parts for the '65. I kicked myself in the ass for that.

Not mine, but same color.

RossD
RossD UberDork
2/27/13 7:59 p.m.

Supercharged MR2, '91 Jetta GLI, Jeep J300, CJ-3a

nepa03focus
nepa03focus New Reader
2/27/13 8:00 p.m.

My first car was a dodge shadow turbo that I only kept about a month. Our mechanic couldn't or didn't want to try to fix the mess of wiring that the po made when they put in an alarm so the dealer we got it from tool it back. Would have been a cool car if anything would have ever worked when I had it.

frenchy
frenchy New Reader
2/27/13 8:00 p.m.

88 Mr2 supercharged... I hate myself every time I think about it.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/27/13 8:01 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote: all of them!!!! Even the rusted out junk.

AMEN!!!

alex
alex UltraDork
2/27/13 8:02 p.m.

'92 Stealth RT/TT. My dad bought it in '94, I "inherited" it around '99, sold it around '02 with about 160k on the clock because I was living in Chicago with no garage and couldn't afford the premium gas ($2.50!) it drank. Not to mention there was a bunch of maintenance about to come due.

I still miss that car. I don't want to think about the sort of maintenance headaches/bills it would be causing these days, however, so it probably worked out for the better.

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/27/13 8:14 p.m.

87 Olds Cutlass Salon. Everyone had a G-body, but this one was a super-clean, 36k-mile example of smog-era wonderment. I wish I still had this baby.

Then there was my 73 Impala S/W. 58k miles, 454, and I bought it with nylon bias-ply tires and drove it 1400 miles home

I had an E30 cabrio with low miles. It had all original body panels and zero bodywork. It was a time-capsule with Momo wheels and H&R sport springs. I ended up selling it back to the original owner for $100 less than I bought it.

Last but not least, a 73 Hornet Sportabout Wagon with (not a typo) 7400 original miles. I drove it for a year and then someone offered me crazy money for it and I sold it.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/27/13 8:15 p.m.

The one I miss the most is my 89 dodge colt GT turbo and a close second was my Calypso green 1992 Integra GSR.

They both needed more love than I had the time and or cash to fix to fix at the time

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 Dork
2/27/13 8:24 p.m.

1970 AMX. 360/Auto, factory AC

Bought it from the original owner in spring of 1987--had about 17K miles on it; the original owner was Julius Buran who was the owner of Buran Rambler/AMC in Milwaukee--the largest AMC dealer in the USA.

Sold it in fall of 1988 was going to look for a 390/4spd the following spring--got the money back out of it...about 15 minutes later the AMX market skyrocketed.

Hal
Hal Dork
2/27/13 8:36 p.m.

My Alfa. I bought it as a college graduation present for myself. Kept it for 2 years and replaced all the engine gaskets to stop the oil leaks. Got the itch for a new car so I bought a V4 SAAB 96.

I wouldn't mind having my father's Mustang in the background either.

glueguy
glueguy GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/27/13 8:57 p.m.

BMW M3/4/5 in Dakar Yellow. Now that was a school pickup line car. Take that soccer mom b*tches.

But the one that still haunts me is the 86 CRX Si. Bought it from the original owner in 99 with 70k bone stock except for the radio, K&N and Konis, kept it for two years and sold it. Always garaged, no rust, original 4 hole wheels. Auto-ADD is a terrible disease. OK, I need to stop now......

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/27/13 8:57 p.m.

All but one. I had a Nissan Stanza that was so bad I haven't had a Nissan since.

Most of all, I miss the 81 Corolla Wagon and the 57 Chevy 150 Handyman.

The Chevy is the only one I still have pictures of.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
2/27/13 9:03 p.m.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/27/13 9:09 p.m.

1967 Plymouth Belvedere II hardtop that my grandfather bought new. It's the only car that I have ever regretted selling.

I grew up in that car and drove it all through high school. I sold it for $300 because the gas tank was leaking and I didn't know where to get a new one. Plus, I wanted to buy a dune buggy.

Idiot.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/27/13 9:12 p.m.

My 87 Firebird. Sellers remorse about to be cured with my purchase of a '91.

windsordeluxe
windsordeluxe New Reader
2/27/13 9:37 p.m.

1964 Ford Falcon Ranchero. In 2001 I sold the Ranchero, my 64 Malibu 2dr hardtop, 55 Chrysler Windsor Nassau Deluxe 2dr hardtop, a 64 Corvair Convertible, and a 48 Ford Fordor Sedan. Out of all of them I regret selling the Ranchero the most. It was an amateur restored Arizona car/truck. It got ridiculous amazing gas mileage, it was reasonably comfortable and it annoyed the the hell out of people whenever I used it to haul mulch. Last time I saw it it was slightly worse for wear and priced at triple what I had sold it for 3 years earlier.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/27/13 9:38 p.m.

There were several cars that I've owned that I swore I'd never sell, but once I did, I never looked back.

FranktheTank
FranktheTank New Reader
2/27/13 9:49 p.m.

84 Z28 T Top 350 .30 flat tops 375hp heads. Stall. Shift kit. Posi. 3in cowl. Cal trac bars.

I bought the car working in a tobacco field for 1,200. My step dad gave me the 4 bolt main out of his truck. He made me rebuild everything on it while he pointed and watched. Engine, trans, rearend and redid interior. I just want the drivetrain back!

1 2 3 ... 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2Jei6GfKBZndnqOV6QiiJQEjaxgiNdf0zApsk9VRzAN7IHsZxDp7XlKpFtyxbteM