2/10/17 11:20 a.m.
Coldsnap
Coldsnap Dork
2/10/17 11:23 a.m.

Girls right now like vintage SUVs.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
2/10/17 11:30 a.m.

Clean red "sports" cars. They generally don't know what they are but if it sounds fast and looks to be well kept they like it. See profile picture.^ Anything specific that we might find cool draws lots of attention from other men.

Women don't seem to like large luxury cars in my experience.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
2/10/17 11:33 a.m.
Travis_K wrote: Two I can think of that had the exact opposite effect were my old milano, and maserati biturbos haha. Women do not seem to like either one of those one bit.

Thats because girls get tired of pushing cars.

jr10cross
jr10cross Reader
2/10/17 11:33 a.m.
Andy Neuman wrote: Clean red "sports" cars. They generally don't know what they are but if it sounds fast and looks to be well kept they like it. See profile picture.^ Anything specific that we might find cool draws lots of attention from other men. Women don't seem to like large luxury cars in my experience.

I agree red cars got the most attention but you got to add the fella in the driver seat :) it was borderline annoying at fill-ups

NickD
NickD SuperDork
2/10/17 11:39 a.m.
KyAllroad wrote: Zombie thread resurrection. Any motorcycle. Seriously, two wheels and an engine and women came out of the woodwork to ride. Convertibles. My Miata seems to be loved by everyone, small children, men, women, everyone loves a Miata

Literally never received a comment or a second look from anyone of the female gender in my Miata. Maybe I'm just so irredeemably ugly that it cancels it out. I just get lots of "Is it fast?" questions (No, it's a freakin' Miata) and teenage guys wanting to race it.

Toebra
Toebra Reader
2/10/17 11:43 a.m.
The_Jed wrote: Subaru Forester.

I don't think he was talking about lesbians

When I had the bug, women would follow me, wanted to buy it, or get a ride. Got a lot of phone numbers that way.

On a parallel note, kids love convertibles, especially convertible bugs.

M030
M030 Dork
2/10/17 11:56 a.m.

Strangely, my 20-year-old red Porsche Boxster

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/10/17 11:58 a.m.
NickD wrote:
KyAllroad wrote: Zombie thread resurrection. Any motorcycle. Seriously, two wheels and an engine and women came out of the woodwork to ride. Convertibles. My Miata seems to be loved by everyone, small children, men, women, everyone loves a Miata
Literally never received a comment or a second look from anyone of the female gender in my Miata. Maybe I'm just so irredeemably ugly that it cancels it out. I just get lots of "Is it fast?" questions (No, it's a freakin' Miata) and teenage guys wanting to race it.

Well they know you're obviously gay since you're driving a Miata

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
2/10/17 12:05 p.m.

My u.k. 120y with chrome bumpers and metallic brown paint. Chicks always and some dudes. Think 'Waterboy'. Just last week the cute asian girlfriend in the Godzilla next to my red 200sx in slow moving traffic gave me the weirdest look. And holy resurrected threads Batman. 2013 that's impressive.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/10/17 12:07 p.m.

True story: I was in Dewey Beach a few summers ago waiting for a taxi outside a bar at closing time with my girlfriend, her friend, and her friend's BF. These three smoking hot and rather intoxicated women come stumbling down the street, right as a trio of sportbikes pulls up to the nearest red light. One of the females declares "I wanna go for a ride!" and hops on back of one of the bikes. Her friends quickly follow suit. The girls clearly had no prior affiliation with the sport bike dudes. After quickly adjusting their passengers grip, the trio rides off into the night as the light turns green, totally nonchalant, as if this is a completely normal thing

jr10cross
jr10cross Reader
2/10/17 12:35 p.m.
Furious_E wrote:
True story: I was in Dewey Beach a few summers ago waiting for a taxi outside a bar at closing time with my girlfriend, her friend, and her friend's BF. These three smoking hot and rather intoxicated women come stumbling down the street, right as a trio of sportbikes pulls up to the nearest red light. One of the females declares "I wanna go for a ride!" and hops on back of one of the bikes. Her friends quickly follow suit. The girls clearly had no prior affiliation with the sport bike dudes. After quickly adjusting their passengers grip, the trio rides off into the night as the light turns green, totally nonchalant, as if this is a completely normal thing

HA HA, that a great story except you were a little far away to realize that the girls were really dudes.

NickD
NickD SuperDork
2/10/17 12:41 p.m.
Furious_E wrote:
NickD wrote:
Well they know you're obviously gay since you're driving a Miata

Walked into that one. Classic.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/10/17 12:44 p.m.

Still haven't tried the stripped & topless Samurai but I have heard it seconded from another source.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
2/10/17 12:50 p.m.

70 plymouth duster. Shocking amount of female attention over the last 22 years....

akylekoz
akylekoz Reader
2/10/17 1:47 p.m.

A random girl once took me for a ride in my 85 RX7 later to find that it was the first time she drove a stick. "This car kicks my ass". I don't remember much accept the quote. She was the second girl impressed by that car.

I owned an E30 M3 while dating my wife, other chicks liked it, she was unimpressed. She did however dig my 89 4Runner so she's a keeper.

Just last summer she saw a topless Ramcharger and said we need one of those. Time to shop vintage and topless trucks.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/10/17 1:59 p.m.

Definitely NOT a 95 Roadmaster wagon. Her reaction when I came home with it:

Grizz
Grizz UltraDork
2/10/17 2:00 p.m.

E36 M3ty old Dodge trucks appear to be female repellent.

Course, maybe it's the guy behind the wheel ruining my luck.

dropstep
dropstep Dork
2/10/17 2:04 p.m.
maschinenbau wrote: Definitely NOT a 95 Roadmaster wagon. Her reaction when I came home with it:

My wife loves my wagon, but its mostly random dudes who stop and ask questions about it.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
2/10/17 2:07 p.m.

I have a pink 57 Cadillac, women follow me into gas stations to ask questions. I have come back to business cards with their home numbers on them. Hell I came back to a 30 year old gal dressed up like a 50's rocker learning on the hood waiting for me, wife was not amused.

Kreb
Kreb GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/10/17 2:22 p.m.

The Frankenfiat get's me surprising amounts of attention, whereas Miatas are worthless unless you paste hundred dollar bills on the windows.

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/10/17 2:57 p.m.

I know it's a cliche but my Camaro gets tons of attention from women of all ages. I've even had women spot it through the open side door of the car trailer while I was stopped at rest stops and come over to check it out.

On the other end of the spectrum. The '78 Fury wagon with the fake wood on the sides that I had shortly out of high school was a babe repellent. Only a woman truly in love will be attracted to a man driving one of those.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
2/10/17 3:16 p.m.

My ratty but fast SAAB c900 turbo only attracts wierdos. I don't care, when everything is working right on it, it's a ton of raw fun.

Ladies did seem to like my Wimbledon white '70 mustang, but most of them were distinctly to old for me.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock UltimaDork
2/10/17 5:24 p.m.

I don't think I've ever had a woman approach me for any reason, let alone a vehicle I was driving. Car, bike or truck. I've only had one guy talk to me about a vehicle which was the FJ-09 the day I bought it.

I must give off a vibe or odor or some other kind of people repellent. Not that I'm complaining, I'm not much of a people person.

Kreb
Kreb GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/10/17 5:31 p.m.

It's pretty well known that cool cars are a good way to get guys to talk to you. This, of course has limited use if you're a hetero man. Smart single women OTOH would do well to ditch the Prius and get something that will have the guys pied-pipering over to have a look.

1 ... 5 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1cMvQp5Lt0DPWubes1EUXrB9hq5yB6COeoLRpr2pzqIHiHqKZRwCtdMjBBTtuePM