ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/1/11 12:14 p.m.

I'll admit up front that I'm not sure I'll act on this, but hypothetically speaking...

I have a set of 15x8 TR Motorsports wheels with 225/50-15 Kumho V710s on them, which I bought for my doomed-to-be-rear-ended E30. 4x100 bolt pattern; ET, um, 20? offset (the stamping's hard to read...)

I've only used them for one track day and a half-dozen autocrosses, then had to let them sit and harden for the 2010 season

Now that I don't have an E30, what will these fit? I already have a major project in the form of my '70 2002, but I consider it likely that I'll find something else to drive in the meantime, and it'd be neat if I already had autocross/track day tires and wheels for it on hand...

mw
mw HalfDork
5/1/11 12:21 p.m.

Miata with a little fender work

ransom
5/1/11 2:46 p.m.

In reply to mw:

That's too easy

Which doesn't mean it's not the right answer! I'm really curious to see what else people chuck out, if anything. Wondering whether second-gen RX7s (is that FC?) share the fitment...

EDIT: Oh, what what does "a little fender work" mean? Is that rolling the lips, or is cutting involved?

Travis_K
Travis_K SuperDork
5/1/11 3:35 p.m.

B13 Sentra, Civic, Mk1-3 VW, but likely not without cutting.

mw
mw HalfDork
5/1/11 4:10 p.m.

With those tires, you probably need a roll at minimum and possibly a pull. No Rx7's use that bolt pattern.

Duke
Duke SuperDork
5/1/11 4:12 p.m.

On an NA, 15x8s with a 225/50 should probably do with a roll, no cutting. 15x9s need a roll and a slight pull. NBs need a little less work.

ransom
5/1/11 7:53 p.m.

I've had a few A1 VWs. Not to knock the Sentra or Civic, but I'm not that taken with them (though if I stumble into one, I could give it a try...).

Sounds like once again, Miata is the answer. Fits nicely with my poorly-orchestrated semi-plan to try spec Miata once I finish the 2002.

Now to stumble into a Miata that's nice enough to live with on the street for a year or two, not too nice to turn into a racer, and cheap enough to do when I should probably be buying 2002 parts instead...

Thanks, guys!

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
5/1/11 10:30 p.m.
ransom wrote: I've had a few A1 VWs. Not to knock the Sentra or Civic, but I'm not that taken with them (though if I stumble into one, I could give it a try...). Sounds like once again, Miata is the answer. Fits nicely with my poorly-orchestrated semi-plan to try spec Miata once I finish the 2002. Now to stumble into a Miata that's nice enough to live with on the street for a year or two, not too nice to turn into a racer, and cheap enough to do when I should probably be buying 2002 parts instead... Thanks, guys!

Don't 2002's have a 4x100 bolt pattern?

Maybe include some flares in the Bimmer-build and have a go at it?

ransom
5/2/11 1:18 a.m.

In reply to oldsaw:

Oh, yes, I do expect to wedge similarly meaty tires under the 2002, but it's probably a couple of years away from running... Right now I'm enclosing the carport half of a half-carport/half-garage, after which I can finish disassembling the 2002, doing the bodywork, designing/building my new front subframe and suspension, building/installing the turbo M42...

I think the Kumhos are going to age out before that car can take advantage of them, and I'm not at all certain it'll still be 4x100 when it's done

This thread is largely to help handle the fact that I won't be able to stand driving nothing more interesting than my girlfriend's stock Civic for the duration of the 2002 project. Of course, that's how I wound up with the E30, and not much got done on the 2002 during the time I had it, so there's a balance to be struck... Next time I'll try not to get as big a project as the E30 for an interim car.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4AXHsQNY2LXDjJdhVEKuk0b6R1qVV6lUQ1PnTRdeKrtJC1iSSdefzmmjdknGxHIn