1 2
slefain
slefain Dork
8/21/09 2:40 p.m.

I call scam. There is no way that BiTurbo was in running condition when it came in. There's a reason why the mileage was so low, it never ran long enough to make long trips. The mileage would have been higher if the local Maserati mechanic lived further away.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt Dork
8/21/09 5:44 p.m.

Slefain is right. Another article on this quoted the owner as saying the car seldom ran for more than 10 minutes at a time.

Travis_K
Travis_K HalfDork
8/22/09 3:44 a.m.

I saw a reply on one of the ariticles by the owner, and there was nothing wrong with the car. His reasons for turning it in were that he ahd tried to sell it for a coupel of years, and no one wanted it (although people that had been looking for one in that area never saw it for sale), and that repairs were expensive. I guess its no worse than clarkson dropping a dumpster on one, but still its one less nice one left, and they will only continue to disapear.

2002acr
2002acr New Reader
8/22/09 10:02 a.m.
Travis_K wrote: I saw a reply on one of the ariticles by the owner, and there was nothing wrong with the car. His reasons for turning it in were that he ahd tried to sell it for a coupel of years, and no one wanted it (although people that had been looking for one in that area never saw it for sale), and that repairs were expensive. I guess its no worse than clarkson dropping a dumpster on one, but still its one less nice one left, and they will only continue to disapear.

No value = no value. Until you buy/own one there isn't much you can do. If there is any hope for the value going up, the rarity will help.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
8/22/09 10:54 a.m.

My whole idea for the clunkers cars that really are junk and of no use for parts or anything else is to have the largest demolition derby tournament ever between dealerships. I believe a nationwide tournament of destruction to give these cars their last hurrah! would be awesome.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
8/22/09 11:56 a.m.

@1:08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkO8y3AxRps

Where was the outrage???

While the thought of an LS1 Biturbo is delicious to me, it's not like there are more than a couple of them in the country.

The Biturbo is one of the most maligned Maseratis. No one will miss that one that got traded in.

The Typhoon/Syclone situation is ponderous, though. Why the F wouldn't they try to sell them private party???

JohnW
JohnW New Reader
8/22/09 9:17 p.m.

Let's be honest, as hard as it is to imagine crushing a car like that, those '80s Maseratis totally sucked. That car only has 18k miles on it for a reason. That is about as far as those things go before the repairs just start to get ridiculous.

slefain
slefain Dork
8/23/09 7:49 a.m.

So what happens if the Maserati won't run long enough for the dealer to kill the engine?

captain_napalm
captain_napalm Reader
8/23/09 8:06 a.m.
slefain wrote: So what happens if the Maserati won't run long enough for the dealer to kill the engine?

The mind boggles

gamby
gamby SuperDork
8/23/09 10:30 a.m.
slefain wrote: So what happens if the Maserati won't run long enough for the dealer to kill the engine?

...better yet--how do you kill something that's already dead???

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Reader
8/23/09 11:22 a.m.
gamby wrote:

Open another thread and keep talking about it...? Seems to be working well for CFC.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe New Reader
8/24/09 11:08 a.m.
gamby wrote: The Typhoon/Syclone situation is ponderous, though. Why the F wouldn't they try to sell them private party???

I would put money on them just being rebadged standard bog cars with a sticker and wheels. Or in horrible horrible mechanical condition.

jpod999
jpod999 Reader
8/24/09 11:22 a.m.
gamby wrote:

Drop a dumpster on it.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zT3HCnxXVvHc8T8zptuKucdMcsgf1ul86KAfzcQRPSQRZ0oA5opa9duLdMlP5xtY