crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/3/20 1:53 a.m.

What are some options for dynos on the north side of Atlanta these days? It's been a decade since I've needed one and the last times were Batlground (Dan and Tracy days), Dynolab , and Balanced Performace. I know Dynolab closed (RIP Arthur) and other shops moved or changed hands.

We used to have $50 for 3 pulls night and most of them. Is that a thing of the past now? I don't really want to inconvenience some overpriced mustang specialty shop to dyno my Datsun.

toonarmy
toonarmy New Reader
5/3/20 8:30 a.m.

In reply to crankwalk (Forum Supporter) :

I don't have an answer for you, just want to second the need to find a reputable dyno shop on the north side of Atlanta that won't be inconvenienced by my Datsun

ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter)
ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter) Reader
5/3/20 9:34 p.m.

I really like DBW in Norcross.  Forged is in Marietta, but I think they only do Subies.  I asked them to tune my turbo Miata and they were not interested. 

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/4/20 8:48 a.m.
ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter) said:

I really like DBW in Norcross.  Forged is in Marietta, but I think they only do Subies.  I asked them to tune my turbo Miata and they were not interested. 

A group of friends were only interested in doing a few power runs each and no tuning. Besides maybe Balanced Performance, I don't know any dyno shop that would know their way around Weber dcoes now anyway.

Forged used to be big in the GTR game for a while, I'm surprised you're saying they mainly Subaru.

i looked in to DBW and noticed Brandon with B3 is in that building too. He was my go to tuner with Batlground 10-15 years ago. I knew he started his own shop but didn't realize that was the setup.

b13990
b13990 Reader
5/4/20 11:02 a.m.

Forged Performance still lists GT-Rs as a specialty on their website.

morello159
morello159 Reader
5/4/20 11:53 a.m.

Racing analytics has a dynojet and is at AMP (in braselton). Spec miata is their specialty but they might rent time out to you if you tune yourself?

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
5/4/20 1:29 p.m.

DBW was the first to come to mind.

morello159 said:

Racing analytics has a dynojet and is at AMP (in braselton). Spec miata is their specialty but they might rent time out to you if you tune yourself?

Racing Analytics and AMP are in Dawsonville. Road Atlanta is in Braselton.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/4/20 2:56 p.m.

Dynojet used to have a list of shops with their dynos on their website. Might have a peek.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2yYSR7eiOcK6r0rxb9ZvXuzmmZTgz3AbrF0meKd2nZSqmlkTAeGIrRtdm7LuFLsq