fritzsch
fritzsch Reader
4/17/12 9:16 p.m.

Hey,

So my sister has been driving a volvo 940, but didn't even know the oil was something that had to be changed. It was changed recently so she didn't go over the recommended interval, but jeez. Anyway when I finish some work up on my miata after school gets out, she will probably start driving the honda accord I have been driving. Anyway she hates the volvo and wants nothing to do with it. Its mirror has been involved in some sort of accident, its just hanging there. I made a couple dents in the side when I hit some black ice. Anyways it runs fine last I heard but its not in the best condition and probably couldn't pull a worthwhile price.

Over summer I kind of want to play with the car. I want to go the route of the Scion ZAV or Non-Stanced-Rabbit. Put a couple inch lift on it and some big old dumb tires. I just think it would be funny and neat, not for any purpose but cause I can. It might look real dumb though, if it does I will just undo it.

But to the point, how can I put a lift on this thing? CHEAP is a big consideration, like <$100. Can I just make some spring spacers or something? Any longer springs/struts that I can make work?

Thanks

fritzsch
fritzsch Reader
4/17/12 9:38 p.m.

Could something like this be done for my application? http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=264494

Part of the problem is I don't have the car to even look at. So how the suspension is set up is unknown to me

foxtrapper
foxtrapper UberDork
4/18/12 5:30 a.m.

Cheap? It's got coils on all four corners. Stuff home-made wooden wedges in between the coils until you top out the suspension.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg PowerDork
4/18/12 9:14 a.m.

Timing is everything, putting P71 springs into my Ranchero as we speak, should lift it about 3".

I am now looking for tires as well.

Find a similar but taller spring from another car or have some made to order.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
X07zroIIguux3SxMA99kXmSJsUmB0fl506mf1qkMmhcZ59yAnsK39aJnTA7Ptehx