Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
12/15/20 5:00 p.m.

Hey guys, 

I bought a set of lightly used winter tires a year ago for my son's 04 Pontiac Vibe. They were cheap on Craigslist and I wanted a set of winters for him. Now that he's driving it, and winter is coming I want to mount them. I was on the hunt for some cheap steel wheels to mount the winters on, when a friend of mine said he had some Subaru impreza alloys for cheap. They have the same bolt pattern and dimensions it seems. I just pulled one of the vibe wheels off and tried the Subaru wheels. They seem to fit perfectly, but the lug nuts from the Toyota/vibe seem to be a different style for the Subaru alloys. What do I need to get to maje these wheels work on the Vibe? 

Hard to tell for sure from the picture, but it looks like you need a standard set of tapered seat lug nuts. 

You might see if the Subaru has the same stud thread and just buy a set to fit the Subaru. 

No luck there. Looks like the Subaru is 12 x 1.25 and the Vibe is 12 x 1.5.

Looks like the Vibe has Mag Seats and the Subaru has Conical seats. 

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
12/15/20 5:29 p.m.

Subarus wouldn't be like a Honda and have ball seat nuts instead of 60 degree conical seats, would they?

newrider3
newrider3 Reader
12/15/20 5:40 p.m.
DeadSkunk (Warren) said:

Subarus wouldn't be like a Honda and have ball seat nuts instead of 60 degree conical seats, would they?

Nope, regular conical seats. 

You should be able to pick up a cheap set of conical lug nuts matching the Vibe thread pitch at any parts store.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
12/15/20 7:36 p.m.

You need normal nuts instead of stupid Toyota nuts.

/steps back and ducks/

jfryjfry (FS)
jfryjfry (FS) Dork
12/15/20 7:36 p.m.

I got a set of lug nuts from amazon that were amazingly affordable

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
12/27/20 2:01 p.m.

Wheels mounted with aftermarket lug nuts. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2dek67sCIFPpQSlDJJExAYBKamtZ2wYcLSfmezK6MSvzLecdBrap4MOlxEgvioZo