1 2
eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
3/3/17 9:42 a.m.

Beverages and junk food bought. Going to confirm the fireturd runs after work today, then we should be good to go. I'll try to pick up donuts for the morning, and we'll order some pizzas for lunch.

rodknock
rodknock New Reader
3/3/17 5:31 p.m.

Hey I'm late to the party, but I am in Dayton and would be interested in helping. Also I will be in school at UC in the summer if you are still working on the build.

plance1
plance1 SuperDork
3/3/17 7:34 p.m.

Geez i hope i didnt disinvite myself. It will probably be too cold to streak anyway.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UberDork
3/3/17 8:19 p.m.

I'm not going to be able to come down, to much family stuff going on. Wish I could, have fun!

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
3/3/17 8:31 p.m.
rodknock wrote: Hey I'm late to the party, but I am in Dayton and would be interested in helping. Also I will be in school at UC in the summer if you are still working on the build.

Hit me up with an email if you want to stop by tomorrow. If not, no worries, there will probably be at least one more gathering for this car, and maybe we'll drag someone else into starting a build, too.

plance1 wrote: Geez i hope i didnt disinvite myself. It will probably be too cold to streak anyway.

Yeah, might be a little cold for streaking

chandlerGTi wrote: I'm not going to be able to come down, to much family stuff going on. Wish I could, have fun!

Thanks! Just hoping we can manage to get this engine pulled before we all freeze. I really need to clean the garage up so there's more room.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
3/4/17 6:56 a.m.

Note to anyone who's planning on heading over - This morning's snow is heavier than originally forecast, and is making a mess of the roads. I'd suggest waiting it out, and coming over later, if you can.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
3/4/17 7:11 a.m.

And might as well cancel. Will try to figure out another time soon. I really am tired of seeing the fireturd in the driveway.

plance1
plance1 SuperDork
3/4/17 8:43 a.m.

In reply to eastsidemav:

I just got suited up to come over and saw this (whenever u email me and i respond my emails get returned. Probably because my miata craigslist ad is no longer active. Pm me your email.) looks like ill be working on my turbo brick today.

84FSP
84FSP Dork
3/4/17 9:29 a.m.

Sorry the white death ruined your party. Interested to see what you are cooking up over there.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
3/10/17 10:01 a.m.

Since I can't find the build thread... interested in 15" performance tires? Had a friend offer a set of 4 from his old xB but I don't need them. Free helps your budget.

I could pick up after work one day I'd you PROMISE to take possession.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
3/10/17 10:49 a.m.

In reply to Jerry:

Hmm, the fireturd does have 15x7 wheels. As long as they should fit wheels that width, I'm game. Thanks!

plance1
plance1 SuperDork
3/11/17 10:43 a.m.

Just woke up whats going on???????

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
3/11/17 3:09 p.m.
plance1 wrote: Just woke up whats going on???????

Nothing this weekend, but maybe March 19. We'll see if weather cooperates

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/13/17 10:32 a.m.
eastsidemav wrote:
plance1 wrote: Just woke up whats going on???????
Nothing this weekend, but maybe March 19. We'll see if weather cooperates

I should be available.

Stan

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
3/13/17 11:55 a.m.

Saturday is a pre-season Cars and Coffee in Dayton, but Sunday I believe I'm pretty open. At least a handful of hours.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
3/16/17 7:52 a.m.

Looks like Sunday (the 19th) it is! Lets go with starting around 10 AM, to give the weather a chance to warm up a little.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ay3gWymrDv33igIYrVOJQbMwwBEppoLLdLJFTXosT313R7bxFFeXNVDwLhYVgmLN