1 2
BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/20/10 4:30 p.m.
tincetti wrote: Hagerty is great......until you make a claim.

I don't think that's a massively useful statement as is...

Raze
Raze Dork
11/20/10 7:10 p.m.

I put classic car insurance on the Fiat, Condon Skelly, $72.50/year with pretty good coverage limits, no deductible, had to be garaged, not used as primary car (had to provide proof of other car), had to provide pictures, choose insurance value, and they wanted to know what I planned on using it for and how many miles I planned on driving, but didn't limit me, also said I'd take it to work once in a while, they were fine with that as well. All in all decent, fair, and cheap IMO...

willy19592
willy19592 Reader
11/23/10 5:27 p.m.

In reply to wcelliot:

they wont?

I have all 3 of our race cars insured with them, storage, towing, paddock (not track) The policy is in my hand as I type and it says 1993 mazda racecar 1991 spec racecar 1994 spec racecar ;) its 480 per year for all 3

willy19592
willy19592 Reader
11/23/10 5:31 p.m.

I also have my street miata insured with American modern home. and my 59 bugeye. all have agreed values, and for me all the policies are dirt cheap. the race cars are insured for 25k each the bug like 30 and the street car 7500 the bug and the street car are like 300 per year for both, but Id have to look that up, thats just from memory But yes you have to have more cars than drivers, they have to be garaged, and the 2 street cars are like 7000 miles per year limits

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 HalfDork
11/23/10 6:17 p.m.

I have Hagerty. Some of you may remember my story from a month or so back where my new to me 77 RX-3 SP was totaled 6 days after I bought it,and only the second time I drove it. Hagerty was nothing short of awesome to deal with. I have no idea how it would have gone if I were at fault,but I wasn't,and they took real good care of me.

Moparman
Moparman Reader
11/23/10 6:31 p.m.

In reply to Woody:

I had heard good things about Hagerty do I went to them for insurance on my 89 Shelby Dakota # 233. I filled out the forms sent in the pics, etc.and was denied with an explanation that it was not a collector car. I contacted the person who had denied me and she told me, condescendingly, that it was just a truck with stickers. No amount of documentation, even from Shelby American itself would sway her.

I went to American Collectors and they wrote a policy for the Shelby and my 85 FB RX7. Both now have classic plates from PA, did not have them initially.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wZInRbcadVljbdgSZV2aQfBfunUbMdCRbopiBX5VYEj30mD8GgafnRwZJBcJUeG6