1 2
RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver UltraDork
10/4/13 2:05 p.m.

I confirmed that the c-clip would not pose a problem. Even if it was possible, it's not interfering with getting the flywheel loose.

paulmpetrun
paulmpetrun Reader
11/15/13 6:15 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: I've heard of these massive pullers. I'll borrow a big gun from one of the techs at work (my home one is only in the 300 lb range) and see what happens. I may come back to you for that puller unless I decide to build my own. Thanks!

Keith, finally got hold of Jimmy, and grabbed his spare puller. If you still need it, let me know where to send it.
Thanks
Paul

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/15/13 6:41 p.m.

Nope, I forgot to follow up.

After breaking my generic puller apart, I ponied up for a good one with a really burly hub. Available under a number of different names, and doubles as a harmonic balancer installer as long as you don't have one of them newfangled aluminium Chevy motors.

The combination of this, heat, a big impact gun and the classic big whack with a sledgehammer did the trick. I also made a little bolt-on tool to lock the crank in place and put a divot in the center of the old crank bolt to keep the puller centered.

Now I'm just waiting for Minimania to have their inevitable sale so I can pick up the transmission rebuild kit and new clutch

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WaMQbDBBlPFON2svhjQ3MQz9tRZutyhAFCzn2zC9hKEvyJJL2Bfi7J3BVwsdUOgz