1 2
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/27/15 12:30 a.m.

"Hi. I'm Tom Suddard, and if you don't like Big Red-BERK YOU!" (sorry Tom)

HiTempguy
HiTempguy UberDork
1/27/15 1:16 a.m.

So we took the Barbie sponsored Ford Focus SVT and installed our ACT clutch that we had lying around that amazon.com gave us and filled the tranny back up with Amsoil jee-whizbang unicorn tears that they overnighted from Japan because those guys are just the bees knees and then went for a rip with our traxxas rc car to end the day.

Then we took the car to the autozone drag race weekend and also did a kneedefender autox, and on the way home stopped to get a delicious Slurpee from 7/11 while filling up at the local BP premium fuel now with more anti-oxidants!

I'm writing this in jest, but the point is its a little bit ham-fisted. Just because "the other guys do it" is not good justification in my books for doing something. Then again, I'm not a successful business owner. So ymmv.

Something something hubris, something something not listening to the people who bought your magazine before anyone knew what it was, something something tired old line of "we do what we want" and people pointing out how so many companies have failed because of that.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
1/27/15 7:37 a.m.

Oh, come on. Tom mentioned the brand of clutch, the lubricant he used, and where he bought the clutch. Any number of us post more brand names than that on here all the time. Everybody needs to lighten up.
I had Cheerios for breakfast, with Healthy Balance grape juice, Yoplait yogurt, and my daily hit of Metformin and Metoprolol. Who cares?

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
1/27/15 7:38 a.m.

I'm also post whoring because I get a status change with 36 more posts. Again. Who cares?

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/27/15 9:38 a.m.
DeadSkunk wrote: Oh, come on. Tom mentioned the brand of clutch, the lubricant he used, and where he bought the clutch. Any number of us post more brand names than that on here all the time. Everybody needs to lighten up. I had Cheerios for breakfast, with Healthy Balance grape juice, Yoplait yogurt, and my daily hit of Metformin and Metoprolol. Who cares?

Yup.

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/27/15 10:43 a.m.

You guys are touchy berkeleyers aren't ya?

unevolved
unevolved SuperDork
1/27/15 12:37 p.m.

Je suis Tom Suddard!

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
1/27/15 1:38 p.m.

I think Tom came through in the clutch

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/27/15 2:31 p.m.
DaveEstey wrote: I think Tom came through in the clutch

Someone had to go there...

slowride
slowride Reader
1/27/15 5:01 p.m.

Let's not prolong the suffering... :)

Ironically enough, I went to the Prolong website to check out the oil and couldn't find it there.

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
1/27/15 6:09 p.m.

I thought it was a good post personally. Many people do think a clutch is a big job and will not tackle it at home. You know, voodoo stuff happens when you pull the hood release!

Anyway, not everyone is like some of the board guys here, that can drop a LS1 into a Barbie 'Vette using nothing but a paper clip, a piece of Weedeater cord, and flat blade screw driver.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ff0BBbsVahu4mOBmfTtn1YAGCmEHJfJ1QJWkRMWnblYgi0NILV0IQydINHALtsVn