JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
12/18/20 8:17 a.m.

If you’ve been around our websites or social media accounts lately, you’ve probably seen some content we produced with an absolutely gorgeous white 1987 Ferrari 328 GTS. And you were probably like, “Hey, what are these guys doing with a Ferrari? Who let them get their juices all over that nice car?”

As with everything, there’s a behind-the-scenes story here, …

Read the rest of the story

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/18/20 10:09 a.m.

So, how was the burrito?

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/18/20 10:10 a.m.

In reply to noddaz :

Yeah, good question. 

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/18/20 10:45 a.m.
noddaz said:

So, how was the burrito?

why doesn't my car run like that?

I mean, it was Taco Bell, so as long as it didn't end with the "Taco Bell Bends" on the throne, it was good.

Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado Dork
12/18/20 10:47 a.m.

In reply to noddaz :

I'm good, thank you for asking.

Nicole Suddard
Nicole Suddard GRM+ Memberand Marketing Coordinator
12/18/20 10:55 a.m.

Came for the Ferrari content and got a reminder that I still have work to do on the white MR2...

Now I know what I'm doing between Xmas and New Year's. 

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/18/20 11:13 a.m.
Stefan (Forum Supporter) said:
noddaz said:

So, how was the burrito?

I mean, it was Taco Bell, so as long as it didn't end with the "Taco Bell Bends" on the throne, it was good.

I'd be more worried about the Ferrari's driver's seat! :)

JG Pasterjak
12/18/20 11:47 a.m.

It was a Taco Bell Burrito, so it exists in that reliable middle ground of never better than B-minus but never worse than C-plus. Let's face it, there was a reason that Taco Bell being the winner of the great fast food wars in Demolition Man made so much sense. It's the beige Honda minivan of food. Never exciting but always dependable and competent.

Anything brought home in a Ferrari is instantly one full letter grade better, though. Sorry, I don't make the rules.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/18/20 12:42 p.m.
codrus (Forum Supporter) said:
Stefan (Forum Supporter) said:
noddaz said:

So, how was the burrito?

I'd be more worried about the Ferrari's driver's seat! :)

Only the weak have issues with TB. They will weed themselves out once TB takes over the world. 

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
12/18/20 1:01 p.m.

In reply to Nicole Suddard :

I came for the burrito content and got a reminder that I still can't afford a Ferrari.

Yet...

mke
mke HalfDork
12/18/20 8:23 p.m.

Some years back I had a guy nearly fall out the b'king drive though trying to get a better look at the 308, you know...when it had a running engine.  he asked a couple questions, mostly along the lines of "if you have a ferrari why are you at b'king?" ......he just couldn't wrap his head around what was happening.

The answer was "after buying it this is about the only place I can almost afford to eat" :)

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
12/19/20 6:29 p.m.

You can never go wrong with Taco Bell err Taco Hell. I'm still mad at them for taking away the seven layer burrito but have found a new go-to in the crunch wrap supreme.

JG Pasterjak
12/19/20 7:25 p.m.
dxman92 said:

You can never go wrong with Taco Bell err Taco Hell. I'm still mad at them for taking away the seven layer burrito but have found a new go-to in the crunch wrap supreme.

It's the combo burrito I will always hold a candle for, but I feel your pain.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/19/20 10:45 p.m.

I can't be the only guy who's wanted to see a Demolition Man prequel about the franchise wars and how Taco Bell comes out on top. 

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/19/20 11:27 p.m.
JG Pasterjak said:

It was a Taco Bell Burrito, so it exists in that reliable middle ground of never better than B-minus but never worse than C-plus. Let's face it, there was a reason that Taco Bell being the winner of the great fast food wars in Demolition Man made so much sense. It's the beige Honda minivan of food. Never exciting but always dependable and competent.

Anything brought home in a Ferrari is instantly one full letter grade better, though. Sorry, I don't make the rules.

This is how I feel about doing some mundane errand or fast-food drive-thru in my Porsche. Yes, it's a front-engined Porsche that I got for $1000 originally. No, it's not near the level of any Ferrari. But I find it super-cool to take a Guards Red Porsche (evena cheap one) to do something "usual." for some reason lol. Even if I do get dusted off the line in suburban ladies in new Camrys....

wspohn
wspohn Dork
12/20/20 12:58 p.m.

Up here in the Great White we have special insurance for classic cars that doesn't allow to and from work use, so we tend to drive classics on weekends just to get some seat time in them.  That's how I found out that the small trunk on the old Lambo would take two bags of fertilizer and that it was mistake to go through the drive-through at the local fast food outlet in my Jensen CV8 - it was right hand drive and while saying "Just toss the order in the window please" works alright for burgers, it really doesn't for drinks.

I also had trouble with crossing the border to the US in that car.  RHD and with manual wind up windows I of course got out of the car so I could come around to talk to the birder agent. He told me rather emphatically "Get back in the car" so I did - and just sat there until he finally came out to ask me why I hadn't lowered the window (that I couldn't reach sitting in the driver's seat).   Acted like I had driven that car just to piss him off....

enderby
enderby New Reader
2/4/22 12:22 a.m.

My 1984 308 had 236,427 miles when I was going through the Taco Bell drive through before Monterey car week last year.  Then then a *&$%er in an SUV backed up in the drive through in front of me.  And even with its back up camera and parking sensor managed hit my car.  It is still in the paint shop today fixed but waiting for more color toner to do the final match.  You'll see this car at The Quail this year.

ZOO (Forum Supporter)
ZOO (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/4/22 7:09 a.m.

“Hi, can I take your order?”

“I’d like a bean burrito with extra onions. I’m in a Ferrari.”

“Uh, okay. Will there be anything el—”

“NO! Just that. I’m driving a Ferrari!”

“I… I didn’t ask what you were dri—”

I have to admit I'm always slightly disappointed when I'm driving something uber-cool, and NO ONE notices.

Of course, since I am a GRM "Dork" of some elitness, what I consider "uber-cool" and what most people consider "uber-cool" aren't often correlated.

GCrites80s
GCrites80s Dork
2/5/22 11:45 a.m.
enderby said:

My 1984 308 had 236,427 miles when I was going through the Taco Bell drive through before Monterey car week last year.  Then then a *&$%er in an SUV backed up in the drive through in front of me.  And even with its back up camera and parking sensor managed hit my car.  It is still in the paint shop today fixed but waiting for more color toner to do the final match.  You'll see this car at The Quail this year.

Do insurance companies ding people harder who damage expensive vehicles with rate increases? Like say someone does $100K damage to a classic and of course that's a big payout for their insurance company as compared to hitting a beater.

mke
mke Dork
2/11/22 9:15 a.m.

In reply to GCrites80s :

I switched insurance companies recently.

I did a few only rate quotes.....opne company it it didn't work, so I called for a quote and they we did the house, 2 cars.....

Guy - sir, the DVM is showing a 3rd car, a ferrari registered at this address

Me - yes, its a classic plate so registered for life (its a PA thing) but it doesn't run and I have it insured elsewhere

Guy- I'm sorry sir, we can't insure you because of the ferrari

Me- what?  I"m not asking you to insure that car

Guy - we have a policy that if we can't at least offer to insure all your cars then we don't offer to insure any of them.

The agent I finally went with just told me not to use "the f word" in his presence and all would be fine.  Other companies I've had over the years didn't seem to care.  I've had 2 claims on the car, both due to fire and it was handled like any other claim....hmmm....I think the 1st adjuster on the 1st claim got himself fired for telling me he didn't know how to estimate it because it wasn't in his books, that prompted me to take it to a dealer an the estimate and I sent that to the insurance, and a new adjuster showed up to review it with me.  

In a way I think it is that adjusters fault that I have this silly V12 problem today.  The fire damage was 18k dealer est, settled at 16k and instead of doing the smart thing and admitting the car was a mistake (I'd only had it 6 weeks) and selling it, I fixed the paint and other fire damage myself and used the rest to clean up the interior then rebuild, supercharge and EFI the engine.  So now the car was modified....what a slippery slope that turned into cheeky

kb58
kb58 UltraDork
11/9/22 1:04 a.m.

I live near an area of town where if you drove a Ferrari to TB, no one would notice or care, there are enough of them around that they're invisible. I never had any interest in Porsches for the same reason, after seeing so many while growing up. Ferrari and Porsche are hopefully bought by those who appreciate them for what they are, not to get attention, at least around here!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/10/22 12:05 p.m.

In reply to kb58 :

You know, the other day I saw what looked like a Ferrari under a cover around the corner from us. I need to go investigate. :) 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FUtwvaRyd80Ge7DIYyZRjs4ipJjKWzZ22iyKRnkpsgbCrFNXOt7fzkjR48VQRADM