1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 28
Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
9/27/17 3:06 p.m.
SVreX said:

In reply to Ed Higginbotham :

The gray bars are a definite improvement on mobile. 

I miss the the shortcut buttons at the top of the page. :-(. 

Oh well...

Shortcut buttons are now in the "Jump to..." drop-down menu that took the place of all those buttons. It brought all the content much higher on the page.

Ed Higginbotham
9/27/17 3:09 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson :

I'll bring it up with the developers and see what the possibilities are. 

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/27/17 4:10 p.m.
Ed Higginbotham said:
SVreX said:

In reply to Ed Higginbotham :

The gray bars are a definite improvement on mobile. 

I miss the the shortcut buttons at the top of the page. :-(. 

Oh well...

Shortcut buttons are now in the "Jump to..." drop-down menu that took the place of all those buttons. It brought all the content much higher on the page.

Yes, I know. I just prefer the shortcut buttons to the drop down. 

Oh well. 

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/27/17 4:33 p.m.

When making a post, a double space does not add a period (nor capitalize for the next sentence). 

iPhone 7

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/28/17 1:26 p.m.

Testing. Testing. I’m on an iPhone SE that’s running 11.0.1. Two spaces are adding the period and starting the next sentence with a capital. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/28/17 1:27 p.m.

Anyone else having Paul’s problem? Testing. Testing. Yeah, all seems good on my end. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/28/17 2:11 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Paul has many problems.

Ed Higginbotham
9/28/17 3:20 p.m.

Testing. Nothing to see here.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/28/17 4:14 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

Anyone else having Paul’s problem? Testing. Testing. Yeah, all seems good on my end. 

Yes, Paul has many problems. But some of these are still ongoing. 

They are, however, sporadic (which makes them more annoying). 

I will agree it has greatly improved in the last week or so, but the specific things I outlined still exist. 

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/28/17 4:19 p.m.

Testing. Testing.  

Well, on initiail post it's working fine. 

But if I go back to the first paragraph and try, it gets wonky again.

In other words, 2 spaces adds a period. And capitalizes. IF I am typing contiguosly. 

But, it I go back to edit something earlier, it doesn't work. 

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
9/28/17 5:23 p.m.

So, no leaderboard outside the top 10? 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/28/17 10:36 p.m.
SVreX said:

When making a post, a double space does not add a period (nor capitalize for the next sentence). 

iPhone 7

I have had this but not in a couple days. It was also not repeatable. There was a second update pushed to iPhones yesterday and it seems to have made my phone work much better. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/28/17 10:38 p.m.

I am also on an iPhone 7.  (Most of the time). 

On another note I really like the new layout on my old windows phone. It looks and works really well. 

bigben
bigben Reader
9/29/17 12:20 a.m.

I know there were some comments about the red dot next to threads to indicate the presence of new posts, but I'm not really seeing any value in the dots. I open the forum and every thread has a red dot. There's already a time stamp on the right that tells when the latest post was made and it's easy enough to remember when the last time I visited. And I think they detract from the cleanliness of the page.

Ed Higginbotham
9/29/17 8:31 a.m.
SVreX said:

Testing. Testing.  

Well, on initiail post it's working fine. 

But if I go back to the first paragraph and try, it gets wonky again.

In other words, 2 spaces adds a period. And capitalizes. IF I am typing contiguosly. 

But, it I go back to edit something earlier, it doesn't work. 

Hey look at that. With that clarification I was able to reproduce the issue. I'll see what our developers say. And we are still chasing down a better fix for your jumping issue.

And thank you Dean for the helpful feedback, too.

Ed Higginbotham
9/29/17 8:32 a.m.
mndsm said:

So, no leaderboard outside the top 10? 

That is correct. If that makes people upset, we can explore extending it.

Ed Higginbotham
9/29/17 8:35 a.m.

In reply to bigben :

Thanks for the feedback, bigben. Maybe we'll try and slightly improve the functionality of the dots. However, most forum have an icon letting you know what thread's are new. We didn't want to just cut it out completely. But I do hear you.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
9/29/17 9:09 a.m.
bigben said:

I know there were some comments about the red dot next to threads to indicate the presence of new posts, but I'm not really seeing any value in the dots. I open the forum and every thread has a red dot. There's already a time stamp on the right that tells when the latest post was made and it's easy enough to remember when the last time I visited. And I think they detract from the cleanliness of the page.

I respectfully disagree. It's something we had on the old board and I missed it tremendously while the new board didn't have it. I'm able to catch many interesting threads that I otherwise would have missed. Maybe they don't need to be so big but on my end they are very much appreciated.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/5/17 8:31 p.m.

Just a FYI. It looks like the spell checker has died again. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
10/5/17 8:37 p.m.

Yes, the red dots are very much key.  Please make them work with the "your posts" view though!

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/6/17 11:10 a.m.
Toyman01 said:

Just a FYI. It looks like the spell checker has died again. 

And, I for one, really need it.  Speeling is hard.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
10/7/17 5:13 p.m.

Okay had a fail.

I was trying to reply to multiple people in one of my threads. I was doing it like I used to on the old board.  That is opening separate tabs, replying to them in kind, then combining them on one box and posting. However because the spell check isn't working I combined them on another forum to use the spell check. I cut from that forum but when I tried to past it here a box popped up for me to put it in. When I did so it disappeared. An hour or so of work (I think and type pretty slow) was gone.

Then I just tried to skip the spell check and just copy and paste from this board. Same thing. Just disappears. 

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
10/7/17 5:26 p.m.

In reply to Nick (Bo) Comstock :

Is it possible to copy it to notepad or some other editor that does not apply it's own formatting (not word) first, and then copy it from there and post it here? Just trying to see if it's the cut & paste that's the issue or possible html formatting from the other site that's causing it. 

Nick (Bo) Comstock
10/7/17 5:46 p.m.

Can't even copy/paste straight from the same text box. For some reason I don't have word.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
10/7/17 5:48 p.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

In reply to Nick (Bo) Comstock :

Is it possible to copy it to notepad or some other editor that does not apply it's own formatting (not word) first, and then copy it from there and post it here? Just trying to see if it's the cut & paste that's the issue or possible html formatting from the other site that's causing it. 

formatting from the other site that's causing it. 

Works from my phone but not my laptop ruining Firefox.

1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 28

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SYLPmSpjnF3iaJjW2BoJy0ChIj646XK1AUeKbqNef7ULgGRViaT9HW2APJ4Ocnq7