1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 28
Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
10/8/17 6:50 p.m.

And now you've broken the spell check and right click menu.  I can even type tippochickeraroo and Firefox will not tell me that tippochickeraroo is misspelled.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
10/9/17 12:41 p.m.

Stillll broken. "Paste" is the only thing that comes up on right click.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
10/9/17 12:53 p.m.

Images is some threads seem to be broken.  I can't see any images in the Jeepster thread here  Nothing shows up for me, even if I do a quote so I could try and copy the link as an address there is nothing there.  I asked within the thread if the OP could at least post a link to the originals, but he says they show up fine for him, but I see nothing at all.

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
10/9/17 12:58 p.m.
Dr. Hess said:

And now you've broken the spell check and right click menu.  I can even type tippochickeraroo and Firefox will not tell me that tippochickeraroo is misspelled.

We're updating the editor with a new spellcheck tool. Should be working shortly.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
10/9/17 2:47 p.m.

Why do you need to add a spellcheck tool?  It is built into the browsers if you don't do whatever it is you did to disablify it.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/9/17 2:48 p.m.

FYI - The new mesage board software is still too slow on mobile browsers. I cannot check GRM at all on my Galaxy S7 because it's so bad. I have drastically reduced my time here because of that.

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/9/17 2:50 p.m.

Is there a way to tell when looking at the latest topics list what threads I've posted in?  The few other forums I'm on have an icon that indicates that.

BTW: According to google search, tippochickeraroo is spelled correctly and the only place it's used on the entire internet is in this thread.

Ed Higginbotham
10/9/17 3:02 p.m.
Dr. Hess said:

Why do you need to add a spellcheck tool?  It is built into the browsers if you don't do whatever it is you did to disablify it.

Because the update to the editor that allows browser-based spellcheck is the update that is causing the jumping issue for users on mobile that SVreX pointed out. So we're adding aplugin to make everything work together seamlessly. 

Ed Higginbotham
10/9/17 3:03 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Sorry to hear that, Javelin. It actually loads faster on my phone than the old version. I'll mention your issue to our developers and see what they say.

Ed Higginbotham
10/9/17 3:04 p.m.

In reply to APEowner :

There isn't an existing icon for that. I'll make a note and suggest it later.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/9/17 11:28 p.m.
Ed Higginbotham said:

In reply to Javelin :

Sorry to hear that, Javelin. It actually loads faster on my phone than the old version. I'll mention your issue to our developers and see what they say.

Specifically, the forum is really unresponsive to requests, such as pressing the quote or reply buttons. It also does not scroll back up the page. I can scroll down, but not up. Page load times are also slower than every other site I visit. Android 7.0, 61.0.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
10/10/17 6:54 a.m.
Ed Higginbotham said:

In reply to Javelin :

We don't really care about your phone, Ed. Only my phone :)

Whatever javascript is behind the copy when I hit quote takes 15+ seconds on my phone and atleast 5-10 sec on my desktop before the gray box appears and control returns to be able to write text.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/10/17 7:24 a.m.
Javelin said:
Ed Higginbotham said:

In reply to Javelin :

Specifically, the forum is really unresponsive to requests, such as pressing the quote or reply buttons. It also does not scroll back up the page. I can scroll down, but not up. Page load times are also slower than every other site I visit. Android 7.0, 61.0.

I have noticed the same. Especially on chrome on my Nexus 6p, but some with chrome on Windows 10 for quotes and replies. 

Ed Higginbotham
10/10/17 8:21 a.m.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Passing it along.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
10/10/17 8:50 a.m.

I can scroll up and down, but the Quote and Reply buttons have a long delay. They do respond, but it takes about 10-15 seconds. If I hit the button again I get a pop up message that says the page has become unresponsive. Android 7.0, samsung galaxy S7, stock browser (samsung internet I think?)

Ed Higginbotham
10/10/17 2:50 p.m.

We're trying something to fix that. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/10/17 2:55 p.m.

I just wanted to stop in here and say I'm back to visiting pretty regularly.  The constant small improvements are working and the new layout has grown on me.  Thanks for the hard work!

Ed Higginbotham
10/10/17 3:11 p.m.

In reply to Lof8 :

I'm genuinely happy to hear that. Thanks for swinging by and offering some encouraging words. 

B13Birk
B13Birk GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/10/17 8:12 p.m.

In reply to Ed Higginbotham :

Thanks for all the hard work. The forum continues to improve. I have left all other forums and really only visit here. Many thanks to you and the GRM team.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
10/11/17 8:24 a.m.

I'm still having issues with seeing some pics but not others.  This is from the Unicorn thread where other people can see Erich's pictures.

Ed Higginbotham
10/11/17 8:40 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson :

It sounds like something on your end, but honestly I'm not sure what. I just sent a message to our developers to see if they knew what was going on. I'll let you know what they say.

Ed Higginbotham
10/11/17 11:27 a.m.

Okay, so our developers need more information on the devices that you guys are using when you have the lag time on the forum so they can troubleshoot. Here are the questions:

• What device are you using (anything besides the Nexus 6p and Galaxy S7?)
  • What browser and version of the browser are you using?
  • For smartphones, how many other apps do you have open? If the answer is "a lot," please retry the forum with no other apps open to see if the performance is the same.
  • When you see the performance issue, how fast is your current internet connection? You can test that here: http://speedtest.net/
EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
10/11/17 11:38 a.m.
  • What device are you using (anything besides the Nexus 6p and Galaxy S7?) Galaxy S7
  • What browser and version of the browser are you using? Samsung Internet version 5.4.02.3
  • For smartphones, how many other apps do you have open? If the answer is "a lot," please retry the forum with no other apps open to see if the performance is the same.  No other apps open. I always run the minimum number of apps to preserve battery life.
  • When you see the performance issue, how fast is your current internet connection? For me it happens no matter if I am using wireless at home, work or LTE. Currently work computer (dell laptop) is getting 29.9 mbps

This morning I also experienced the no-scrolling issue for the first time. It appears to happen during that delay after pressing the quote or reply button but before it actually responds and pops up the reply comment box with the "In reply to" text inserted. I have also experienced the delay on my dell laptop running Chrome 61.0.3163.100. I get a pop up that says the page has become unresponsive and asks if I want to wait or kill. I always want to kill. I am surprised that Google doesn't know that about me already. laugh
SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/11/17 12:04 p.m.

I've had the lag time. 

iPhone 7 Version 10.3.3

generally, not too many apps open. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/11/17 1:28 p.m.
Ed Higginbotham said:

Okay, so our developers need more information on the devices that you guys are using when you have the lag time on the forum so they can troubleshoot. Here are the questions:

• What device are you using (anything besides the Nexus 6p and Galaxy S7?)
  • What browser and version of the browser are you using?
  • For smartphones, how many other apps do you have open? If the answer is "a lot," please retry the forum with no other apps open to see if the performance is the same.
  • When you see the performance issue, how fast is your current internet connection? You can test that here: http://speedtest.net/

Here is another data point.

Device, LG V20. Android 7, Chrome. 

Usually 2-3 apps open. 

Tmobile 4G. 

No significant lagging noticed. Page loads are under 3 seconds. Pressing the quote or reply button loads in under 5 seconds. 

1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 28

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UyjuRIyeF14DiW38wblVzqzi3CDObfkOd6c5vUtvMCWa6jAlslbrYFFeuFhr1kDR