The Staff of Motorsport Marketing
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
7/29/22 2:53 p.m.
feature_image

Think you can build a project car that’s faster than our LS-swapped 350Z, V6 endurance race Miata or Garage Rescue Miata? Now’s your chance to prove it, as all three have entered to compete in the $2000 Challenge Presented by Tire Rack.

What is the $2000 Challenge? It’s our automotive festival celebrating autocross, drag racing and ingenuity, …

Read the rest of the story

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/29/22 3:25 p.m.

This is better than having influencers bring their projects. 

Now to encourage the current owners of former GRM project cars to also bring them out. Wally should at least try to put a wrap on his C5 to pass it off as JG's (okay, that may be a bit too far, but it's be a laugh). 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/30/22 12:36 p.m.

For the first Challenge–the $1500 Challenge back in 1999–JG, Tim and I each built a car. (We had this idea but weren't sure if anyone else would enter.) So this is a little like going back in the time. 

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
7/30/22 12:49 p.m.

Please give some thought to the effects of inflation.  
      Prices of both cars and parts have dramatically increased.  Perhaps in the future the $2000 limit should reflect that as well. 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
7/30/22 1:25 p.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

The $2000 Challenge already has classes for cars of every budget. 

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/30/22 2:28 p.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

I posted something regarding this elsewhere online as I did not want to pollute the forum with this notion. The good news is in the past month or so at least on the eastern seaboard there's been a return to normalcy in used car prices. Parts it's more an availability concern (in a timely manner) than it is a pricing issue. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5gGenTscK3aG5S9EghZaQ2emHOPz8G5FnyFHrqYNB8c8iKK58D1oRrjoIJyRjpJu