David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/30/21 8:13 a.m.
feature_image

With another Pikes Peak Hill Climb in the books, GRM photographer Rupert Berrington celebrates 35 years covering the event. Rupert has been part of the GRM family for decades, regularly shooting the SCCA championship events for road racing, autocross and rallycross. Then add in all of the regional events.

[Check out galleries for photos by Rupert Berrington and his …

Read the rest of the story

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/30/21 9:51 a.m.

There are some great pics from him in that Gallery. Shout out to the Pentax k1000!

David S. Wallens
7/1/21 10:09 a.m.

In reply to CrustyRedXpress :

Yes, terrific photos, and the K1000 rules. We used them in high school photo class: simple and durable. Plus you can still take photos if the battery goes dead--you just lose the light meter. 

I'd love to pick up one. I know they're out there. Just need to get one. 

David S. Wallens
7/1/21 10:11 a.m.

And I just checked K1000 prices on Etsy--dang. Some people are asking $300+ for one with lens. I should see what our local guy gets for one. (We actually a vintage camera shop here in Daytona.)

I have some of Rupert's great photos from SCCA Solo Nationals over the years. Thanks, Rupert, you have made our world a little more special.

Hey David, I have my whole K1000 setup on my shelf of stuff that I will probably never use again.  Case, manual, three lenses, two ancient light meters. Needs a new home.

David S. Wallens
7/2/21 12:02 p.m.

In reply to Danny Shields (Forum Supporter) :

I should say yes, please, shouldn't I?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
K4BW53Ov19OMdnRrsX9A3smvNdQBESMsLiSizmx5h9acm3TUPpkwasLzVAcbC12p