racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
4/25/13 3:23 p.m.

My dad just e-mailed me this link. Hopefully it hasn't been covered here already...

http://12-gaugegarage.com/

moerdogg
moerdogg New Reader
4/25/13 3:48 p.m.

And I was wondering how to set mine up. Man, that guy has some serious attention to detail!

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/25/13 3:51 p.m.

It has been discussed here a lot, though I'm not finding a link (My search-fu is b0rken apparently). The fellow whose garage that is has been here as well, and provided quite a bit of insight into both the garage and that very nicely done 911...

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
4/25/13 4:09 p.m.

Start watching the Garage Journal website for details on Jack's garage and a zillion others. I've spent way too many hours over there looking at ideas for my garage.

alex
alex UltraDork
4/25/13 5:19 p.m.

That garage has a Facebook page. As well it should - it's freaking awesome.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
4/25/13 6:16 p.m.

Jack has posted here a few times as well. You should go to Youtube and watch some of his in-car videos at Willow Springs. http://www.youtube.com/user/JackOlsen

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/25/13 9:14 p.m.

(Quietly closes the door of his own garage, embarrassed of the mess and ill used space)

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
4/25/13 9:17 p.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: (Quietly closes the door of his own garage, embarrassed of the mess and ill used space)

I'm just happy to have a garage. My last house had a carport

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
4/25/13 9:18 p.m.

You are bad people for making me realize that the Garage Journal site exists. Many hours of productivity will be lost. I hope you're happy with yourselves.

Vigo
Vigo UltraDork
4/26/13 1:06 a.m.

It is a damn good website.

JackOlsen
JackOlsen New Reader
4/26/13 1:37 a.m.

Thanks, guys. There was a thread awhile back about the garage, but that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see it come up here again.

More recently, a website made a video about the car and the garage. If you've got a few minutes to spare, you'll get to see action footage of both my old 911 and the repurposed hydraulic lift I put into my garage.

FranktheTank
FranktheTank Reader
4/26/13 2:55 a.m.

That's a really nice setup for a one car deal but I would need 4 of those and it would be tough to setup a paint booth and get my fat butt around the cars. I have space limitations with a 40x40 with 15ft overhang and a 3 bay shed haha. Maybe it's the complete lack of organizational skills or the constant influx of family/friends/neighbors cars to fool with. Ill report back my findings.

novaderrik
novaderrik UberDork
4/26/13 5:17 a.m.

i don't think any of my cars would fit in that garage..

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
4/26/13 8:49 a.m.
mazdeuce wrote: You are bad people for making me realize that the Garage Journal site exists. Many hours of productivity will be lost. I hope you're happy with yourselves.

I've spent time there, but don't go there much... for better or worse, most of the photos there seem to be hosted on sites that are blocked at work so all I see are red X's.

Plus, when I go there I can't stay away from the electrical forum and invariably get into trouble with all of the dangerous tips there...

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/26/13 9:25 a.m.

Weird- I'd never heard of Garage Journal before, but when I did a Google search on it and tried going there, I get an Unknown Host error...

EDIT: Appears to just be some weirdness with my work comp as it works fine on the phone.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
4/26/13 9:36 a.m.

Ive spent so much damned time reading up on the 12GG, soooo much time. Its a work of art.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2WGdTZIC2HmZbn2KMpKzJWYuPc1EAnDP9WaZQPVQZlcJ1vu84LVGy2BlCFrzq7PM