914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
12/3/09 2:03 p.m.

Morris Minor in the December issue! That guy is an ode to patience believe me. Made a wood dash in college woodworking class and waited 21 years for the right car! You're right, I have Auto ADD.

It would have been too easy to hot rod that little car up, but he left it original on the ourside. Nicely done, sir!

Go find the article if you are running out of gas on your project.

Tip of the hat to the owner whose name I don't recall.

Dan

TJ
TJ Dork
12/3/09 4:09 p.m.

I agree.

tuna55
tuna55 Reader
12/3/09 6:07 p.m.

Agreed - my wife wants one just like it now

mndsm
mndsm Reader
12/3/09 6:11 p.m.

I thought it was one of the better car articles I've read myself. And the car was cool.

bluke1
bluke1 New Reader
12/3/09 8:28 p.m.

i was impressed! beautiful car, done well. oh, and the owner/builder has every ase certification? that itself is a major feat. AND his wife is into it. does life get better then that?

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
12/3/09 9:18 p.m.

Want more? I found these vids (and Brust!) on Club4AG:

http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=39405

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN83sEo-Y3I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1qivcomFwY

Enjoy!

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
12/3/09 9:38 p.m.

That story was a tough call as to whether it would go in Grassroots or Classic. We're glad you guys liked it.

jg

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
12/4/09 6:59 a.m.

Why can't it be in both?

Dan

mkiisupra
mkiisupra New Reader
12/4/09 9:52 a.m.
914Driver wrote: Why can't it be in both? Dan

No double-dipping.

I sometimes play games when the two mags cover same outings to get a better 'picture' of the entire event. Sometimes sad :( when same pix runs in both mags... I wonder what was left on editing 'floor.'

How many subscribers get both Classic and Grassroots?

sorry for the slight hijack...

Eric G

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
12/4/09 11:19 a.m.

I think it's an intersting car, but was disappointed at the "motorsport" part. If memory serves me, there wasn't any mention of the car doing any racing or high performance driving. I thought the car deserved a spot in the Classic side; if there were more cars like that in Classic, I would probably renew my subscription that lapsed a while back. I plan to do similar debauchery with my 122S wagon, the long term goal is to get a RWD ecotec under the hood and some improved suspension bits while keeping as much of the original character as possible. The character of an old wagon is great and a modern powertrain won't take away from that character IMO.

Bryce

wayslow
wayslow New Reader
12/4/09 11:23 a.m.
mkiisupra wrote:
914Driver wrote: Why can't it be in both? Dan
No double-dipping. I sometimes play games when the two mags cover same outings to get a better 'picture' of the entire event. Sometimes sad :( when same pix runs in both mags... I wonder what was left on editing 'floor.' How many subscribers get both Classic and Grassroots? sorry for the slight hijack... Eric G

I subscibe to both mags. I appreciate the fact that they resist the temptation to repeat the same story in both publications.

I also agree that this is a cool car and a very well written story.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/4/09 11:37 a.m.

I only subscribe to Sprockets, I get GRM as a supplement.

procainestart
procainestart Dork
12/4/09 2:46 p.m.
Nashco wrote: I plan to do similar debauchery with my 122S wagon, the long term goal is to get a RWD ecotec under the hood and some improved suspension bits while keeping as much of the original character as possible. The character of an old wagon is great and a modern powertrain won't take away from that character IMO. Bryce

There's a guy running around Seattle in a 122 wagon with a supercharged Buick V6 and Jag rear end. Not sure if he was going for the rat rod look, but at the time I saw it, the car was primer gray.

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
12/5/09 12:02 p.m.
procainestart wrote:
Nashco wrote: I plan to do similar debauchery with my 122S wagon, the long term goal is to get a RWD ecotec under the hood and some improved suspension bits while keeping as much of the original character as possible. The character of an old wagon is great and a modern powertrain won't take away from that character IMO. Bryce
There's a guy running around Seattle in a 122 wagon with a supercharged Buick V6 and Jag rear end. Not sure if he was going for the rat rod look, but at the time I saw it, the car was primer gray.

If it's the same car I've seen it's also been converted to a 2 door. It's a little rough around the edges but I bet it's fun to drive.

Bryce

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/5/09 2:38 p.m.
mkiisupra wrote: How many subscribers get both Classic and Grassroots?

I get both - well, my wife gets them for me, but you get the picture.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
12/5/09 4:30 p.m.

Thanks Zach. As someone with Auto ADD it's refreshing to see someone with interest in a brand and stick with it. Nice car, interesting build and if anyone tells you about a $2000 Challenge, fugetaboutit. It's only a rumor.

Dan

mndsm
mndsm Reader
12/5/09 4:34 p.m.

I'd be scared if this guy went with the 2000$ Challenge.

Hal
Hal HalfDork
12/5/09 5:44 p.m.

Nice car and good article. Makes me wish that I still had mine

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JH4R5Q1RdPszpRT6fxpYq6xxtxklEcNavqRMkAFxclHKi6UIF19okrbAJhYVKY1T