edizzle89
edizzle89 SuperDork
10/23/19 8:04 a.m.

So I'm working on getting parts to boost the Lima 2.3 in my Ranger and I have a Holset HE221W I'm wanting to adapt to a stock turbo manifold. The manifold is a t3 flange and the turbo uses a t2 flange so I obviously need an adapter to go between the 2, that also gives me a spot to add an external wastegate flange which is a plus.

I've found a few adapters online, THIS ONE being the closest to what I'm wanting with the WG in the location I want but like most cheap exhaust-related things I'm worried about welds cracking (as it will be mounted horizontal) and poor fitment, on this one it seems like the studs from the t3 side would potentially interfere with the wastegate flange.

Not my truck, but as a reference this is the layout I'm looking at doing, but with the wastegate flange on top. (that's a flipped stock manifold which works better in the trucks)

So i was wanting to reach out on here and see if someone might be able to make me something like the piece from the link but sturdier/more trust-worthy. Also I'd prefer a 38mm v band WG flange instead of the 2 bolt so I can adjust the angle as needed. I also dont know if it'd be easier to START WITH THIS  and take a holesaw to the side of it and weld the v band WG flange to it, the cast pieces seem more sturdy.

If it's something you could/would be willing to do let me know about what price your thinking and we can go from there.

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/23/19 8:23 a.m.

Lots of guys at turboford.org have installed holsets on 2.3s.  I bet bobzilla still makes something over there or someone else.  There were a couple of niche vendors there back in the day.

edizzle89
edizzle89 SuperDork
10/24/19 12:09 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS :

There's lot of people running hx35 variants but they will bolt straight to the manifold, i couldn't find any info about anyone running a he221

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AWnkY2ZwQJpTmGdlNRP2oXpFghjzP4uk2N0bQyBlneY5bq1YwJSu8a0xo0CZ5kGc