z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
10/7/13 6:38 p.m.

I'm refocusing the '90 Track Rat from an HPDE-only, to HPDE and NASA Time Trials. The eventual goal is to build the car for TTC use in the NASA Central and TX regions.

So first off, I've yanked the FM butterfly brace and Frog Arms (not worth it for points classing), and sold the FM VMaxx/FM Sways and OEM Sport brakes with Carbotech pads to another great GRM forum member.

For suspension replacement, I'm going with the 949Racing Big Grip Kit with 800/500 spring rates and the big front RB bar (although I already had poly bushings in the control arms) http://949racing.com/SuperMiata-Big-Grip-Suspension-Kit.aspx .

Also going with the 11" SuperMiata front brake setup, this is essentially the same Wilwood kit sold by many vendors like FM, but I optioned the 949 Curved vane rotors and Carbotech pads. On the rear, the FM 10" Wilwood kit with no parking brake (waiting for UPS to drop it off today).

photo image_zpsed235227.jpeg

photo image2_zpsc7bf89db.jpeg

The V8R control arms will also be ditched at some point, again because of points classing. The brakes aren't really worth the points, but they help lose a ton of weight (No 1 priority) compared to the sport brakes and will last much longer, so I'm OK with it.

Eventual plan is to add a Torsen, a VVT engine built to make in the 160-175whp range (depending on my final minimum comp weight) the lighter I can get the car, the lower my whp limit which means the engine won't be as stressed.

Last in the development will be an E-prod style bumper with a splitter and APR wing out back. And 205 Hoosier R6 on 15x9s.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/7/13 6:41 p.m.

Oh man, that looks awesome!

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
10/8/13 10:15 a.m.
Slippery wrote: Oh man, that looks awesome!

Thanks!

LuxInterior
LuxInterior New Reader
10/8/13 5:14 p.m.

My Miata is full of envy... Very pretty. Looks like fun

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
10/8/13 6:59 p.m.

And got the rear brakes/coilovers finished up just a few minutes ago.

photo image2_zpsb26cd746.jpeg

photo image_zps168e203e.jpeg

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RniCgWHIIBaFQ2HD0Hlm9a56mr9owo8kvwJMwJdifcDYMM4HrADpEaMoJASDAgL0