1 2
Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/12/13 5:09 p.m.
Zomby Woof wrote:
HappyAndy wrote: With the ford E series vans with twin beam the front track is a bit wider than the rear so it does give an illusion of dog tracking, but take it from me, on more than a few of them its not an illusion.
I was going to say, I've seen a lot of these vans taking up the whole lane and going down the road sideways. It was definitely not an illusion.

My E250 runs like a happy dog. If you start thinking about the number of pot holes it's hit in 450,000 miles it's a wonder the suspension is still under it at all. It doesn't effect the way it drives or tire wear, so I don't worry about it.

m_walker26
m_walker26 New Reader
8/12/13 5:16 p.m.

Uncle I.C. Had a 69 or so Barracuda that would make four tracks in the snow. Ran fine for many years.

Onetrillionrpm
Onetrillionrpm New Reader
8/12/13 5:34 p.m.

sometimes, cars with solid rear axles, and coil springs make use of an adjustable panhard rod, which allows you to center the axle, after the suspension has worn or has been modified.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/12/13 5:46 p.m.

BTW, the term you're looking for is "thrust angle". If you only bother with a front wheel alignment, it won't be addressed.

novaderrik
novaderrik UberDork
8/12/13 7:31 p.m.

i see it mostly on older body style (96 and older) Ford trucks and vans... if i see a truck that looks like it's crab walking down the interstate, i'll try to look down both sides of it to see if it really is... if it's got a Ford badge on it, it always is...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
q9XyUfuqlCAZaang0vv42ZPe9CsWrExnvNETpQjjX3WJTnDAVpQPnk7dfFoLP2od