David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/15/08 2:09 p.m.
feature_image

After sitting in an auto cocoon for way too long, the CRX has been moved to the front burner. How’d we do that? Easy. Just registered for a NASA HPDE track event that takes place this coming weekend at Roebling Road. That phone call got us moving.

First thing to do was make the car mobile. We loved the weight …

Read the rest of the story

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/19/08 12:08 p.m.

I'd be curious to know what your track mileage will be compared to an Si. Do you have anything to compare it to?

David S. Wallens
5/20/08 9:29 a.m.

We used about 4.8 gallons per hour on track. (That includes cool-down laps, too.) More on our track outing soon.

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
5/17/09 9:37 a.m.

Now we need to do the brakes. Turns out that really no one stocks decent pads for our HF calipers, so we’re upgrading to Si calipers and rotors.

it's too late now since you've already done the upgrade, but for future reference , Carbotech will custom make just about any pad if you will send them the backing plate...

David S. Wallens
12/2/10 5:04 p.m.

That is true, Carbotech will do custom pads. Since we were short on time, we needed something readily available. We also didn't know the condition of our calipers, so it was probably smart to replace/refresh them, anyway.

PS122
PS122 GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/1/11 11:57 a.m.

Which Progress Coilovers did you use Competition Series I or II (CS-I or CS-II)? And how do feel they compare to the more commonly used Koni/GC set-ups?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
o0a8QGSOhotRNH4x7NUChvkIMIW0lc65BSDln5iaID5tEOfA7Eri0SbhPcEDZOuE