1 2
Opti
Opti SuperDork
2/7/23 2:24 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

The 6th gen camaros arent very roomy, they dont feel as heavy as they are, and are actually lighter than the 5th gens. None of th modern V8 muscle cars are slow. They seem pretty undramatic for the amount of power they have but they definitely arent slow.

As much as I hate the ecoboost mustang. Ive driven a couple stick shift ones and they feel pretty quick until they heat soak. With a better intercooler, intake and tune, they are a completely different car. Bottom 13s arent hard and was considered fast not that long ago.

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/7/23 2:30 p.m.
Steve_Jones said:

Small side note, if you buy a Camaro with the 1LE package and blow it up on the track, GM will replace it under warranty. A buddy is on his 3rd warranty replacement motor. 

Actuarially its amazing they could do that.  Must be a very very very small minority tracking them.  I wonder if it has to be a sanctioned event.

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/7/23 2:35 p.m.
calteg said:

Cool that they offer it. I think the consensus of this gen Camaro was that they focused on making it a great numbers car and ignored things like "visibility" and "comfort"

As for visibility, I rented a 2SS in Houston and if not for the lane assist on the mirrors I would have been a danger to myself and everyone else.  Horrible blind spots.  Mustang felt much better in that respect.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/7/23 2:47 p.m.
Opti said:

In reply to MotorsportsGordon :

I agree they arent needed, but here in TX they sure are nice for a daily.

If you are making ventilated seats a requirement, you are not really in the market for a base Camero with the biggest engine :)

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon Dork
2/7/23 2:53 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:
Opti said:

In reply to MotorsportsGordon :

I agree they arent needed, but here in TX they sure are nice for a daily.

If you are making ventilated seats a requirement, you are not really in the market for a base Camero with the biggest engine :)

Besides cloth seats will still be better in hot weather then ventilated leather 

Opti
Opti SuperDork
2/7/23 4:06 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Excalty, thats why I bought a 1LE and the harness to add the ventilated seats.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JM6iEQdHU9Ev9iYajhYF00wBOg2Fgz7WDBsfExqahyRNLkV8NtJ2jztu7SNLOezo