Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
7/23/12 2:31 p.m.

Hey guys,

Some of you may remember me having issues with my 1990 Mitsubishi Delica van. I have just recently bought a cable, and softwar for a DSM with hopes that it may work on my van. I think I have teh software loaded correctly in my laptop,and my wife just picked me up a new extension cable as I didn't order the proper length of cable the first time. I hope to mayb eget some info logged today, but I really have no idea what to log, or even when I hopefully do what to do with that info. Can anyone point me in a direction as to what I should be looking for,and if it isn't showing that then what to do? I signe dup at DSMtalk.com, but I guess I am on probabtion for a week before being able to post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

sachilles
sachilles Dork
7/23/12 3:46 p.m.

Does the dsm forum have a tuning faq? Those usually tell what parameters are good for logging.

Usually you want RPM, knock sum, throttle position, load and knock correction. Sort of depends on your particular issues which I'm not familiar with.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
7/23/12 7:19 p.m.

Well it looks like the datalogging cable,and software I bought doesn't want to play nice with the van. I bought it hoping it would work with the van, but the place didn't make any promises that it would. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but when I do a connection check with the program it says there is no response from the ECU when using COM port 1, or 2.

Chris

Ojala
Ojala GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/23/12 8:40 p.m.

What ECM does that use? I am not familiar with the vehicle. Evoscan, romraider, ecuflash and other tools are tied to certain makes of ECM whether they are JEC or denso. I wonder if log works or one of the other generic OBD II monitors might work.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
7/23/12 9:18 p.m.

I am not sure what ECM it uses. Do you know how I can find out? I think the problem is this vintage of vehicle was in sort of no mans land when it comes to diagnosis as it is pre-OBDI, but does have some sort of diagnostics. Doesn't help that it is an odd ball vehicle either.

Ojala
Ojala GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/24/12 8:38 a.m.

I just googled the delica and that is a neat little micro van. You should be able to see the manufacturer just by looking at the case of the ECM. Pre OBD manufacturers often used proprietary plugs and ports for diagnosis where you had to ground certain pins, use a special plug, and factory software to get anything done.

sachilles
sachilles Dork
7/24/12 8:46 a.m.

I know with rom raider there can be all sorts of connection issues from the pc to the cable. Is it usb or serial? If it is usb, I'd be surprised if it's com1 or 2. You may need additional drivers for the cable.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
7/24/12 9:06 a.m.

It is connected via a db9 cable of which only three or four wires are used. I am not sure if I should be using Com,1,2,3,or 4, but I get some action out of Com3 and 4. The problem is the directions are either so easy that a dumb caveman such as myself can't figure them out or they are vauge. I am going with vauge.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
POjxGiulNsczpRFsa1CfThV1lEKEpOr6bYILslajKUXGdwSBD7LfVz1f11kvZjoT