1 ... 3 4 5
Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/24/12 3:08 p.m.

Huh. Wonder if they received permission from Nissan to use the DeltaWing's trademarked likeness?

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/24/12 3:08 p.m.

After seeing both vids I think it's both the fault of the Porsche driver for not being aware of the DW and the fault of the DW driver for giving the Porsche no room.

Edit: Actually after watching the vid from the car behind more carefully, it looks like the DW gave the Porsche nearly 2ft of space, which would be enough for a car fully on the pavement but is probably not so generous for a car on the rumble strips or going 2-off.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
10/24/12 3:27 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH:

Note that Mr Porsche ought to have noticed manic waving of blue flags, the car zig-zagging behind twice trying to find a way by... still, he managed to lose control and hit him. I go all Porsche driver here. The DW left plenty of room and the 911 should have known there was going to a pass coming imminently.

yamaha
yamaha Dork
10/24/12 3:31 p.m.

I still agree with gameboy......its a racing accident and I don't see either fully escaping blame....

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
10/24/12 3:55 p.m.

In reply to yamaha:

The mixed class racing I do with BMWCCA sees me passing cars that can be 15 to 20 sec per lap slower and I still get lapped by faster cars too. The flaggers, the mirrors, the whole deal is important to stay on top of. You cannot hold a faster class up even if you want to. These guys are balling around at crazy speeds compared to that. When you have a car that is racing other cars and moving literally an order of magnitude faster than you - you have got to know he is there and he is not waiting for you to decide when it's ok to go. He was back there thru the whole esses. You can see the flaggers going berserk with the flag from the in-car in the Porsche. He was left 2' of room. He turned right in to him trying to get off the turtles. He berkeleyed up. I can't see any fault by the DW.

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hEzjrmn1XnZInEI93PR02LvhrlOBx8CdYLTMmvIlBdGpLCKofpkZc8h5YkO8a2By