1 2 3 4
alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/9/18 10:50 a.m.

If the secondary air lines are bad, that could be the source of a major air leak, which could be the cause of the a/f range error.  Also, not sure heater hose is the right choice, as at some point, it does connect to the exhaust- perhaps near the beginning, but not where it actually attaches to the exhaust.  BTW, there is a one way valve in that system- so the exhaust does not back flow into the pump- check it, too.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
9/9/18 10:58 a.m.

i checked the vacuum lines i just replaced, and were good there. tat one line (with a check valve that works properly as double checked today, and an electrical solenoid of some fashion that im not sure how to check, all of which is between the silver valve on the head and intake). so, that side seems to be good, as far as i can check. the electrical solenoid piece is an unknown, but would operate both banks of the system. i think. 

to get to the electrical pump, which has the broken air line to the silver valve, it looks like i need to pull the bumper. not a big deal, as i have a replacement bumper to install anyway. ill look into what is readily available, or the proper part to replace that broken plastic tube with. ive found a sheet on doing all the tests and such (its for an e46, but should be the same principles and procedures)

is it being only on bank 2 a red herring?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
9/9/18 10:59 a.m.

oh, and i swapped the downstream leads. ill drive home and see if that changes the downstream oxygen sensor codes. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
9/9/18 2:02 p.m.

so, wierd. the ONLY codes after the drive home was fr the swapped sensors. out of range codes (like a moron i clicked the clear button instead of taking a picture or writing the codes first). this was after 4 key cycles, none cold. 

possibly an invalid test?

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/9/18 2:36 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

I admire your tenacity, and I wish I could offer some help.  Alas, I have none to offer.  But I look forward to reading your posts!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
9/9/18 2:42 p.m.

Im gonna figure this damn thing out before next summer when its due to be inspected. Even if it kills me. 

Its running fantastic and drives great. Almost scared to screw with it. But, it needs to be fixed.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2tcv3a4dY54Eyr47hfXAt6VT6N8gXMrwJOYtGVFIoEisFJbaILLrAvU7RFHb18Lu