David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
3/27/13 3:01 p.m.

I know that I passed a super-clean, first-gen Toyota MR2 this morning. But as he went by, I noticed two things: T-tops and some little script on the rub strip.

Supercharged MR2? If so, it was totally clean. Stock wheels, even.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 UltraDork
3/27/13 3:38 p.m.

A lot of them have T Tops. Not sure if there was a "Supercharged" notation on the rub strip. There's a pretty nice one in my neighborhood and the only marking I've noticed is on the rear.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
3/27/13 3:42 p.m.
fast_eddie_72 wrote: ALL of them have T Tops. Not sure if there was a "Supercharged" notation on the rub strip. There's a pretty nice one in my neighborhood and the only marking I've noticed is on the rear.

FTFY

jg

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 UltraDork
3/27/13 4:57 p.m.

In reply to JG Pasterjak:

Sorry, what I meant was a lot of MR2s - supercharged or not - had T Tops. So that's not really an identifying feature of the supercharged cars.

White_and_Nerdy
White_and_Nerdy HalfDork
3/27/13 5:40 p.m.

Yeah, T-tops were common from 87 on (I had an 87 with T-tops, not supercharged). I can't remember if it had any "supercharged" print on the side. I know the trunk lid had it. The trunk lid itself had a distinctive design for better airflow.

NA:

Supercharged:

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/27/13 5:54 p.m.

Yep, the engine lid is the giveaway on bith 1st and 2nd gens ... Remember there is still a trunk behind the engine lid :)

J

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JycA6UfHm0zfiVP4OOVB5n2FPq9WAskrFWsdLjMIcVQKCvVgFb8C3tvUveaxuGVm