KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
3/13/19 5:26 p.m.

Small hard rubber wedge I just found on the floor of the garage.  Does it belong under an NC MX-5?   Since I replaced the rear shocks i’ve noticed a thunk noise from the suspension at lower speeds but everything seems tight.  Did this belong somewhere??

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/13/19 5:28 p.m.

I don't know about the rubber thing but the 10 mm Socket definitely fell out.  There has to be at least a dozen of them hidden in my cars.  

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/13/19 5:43 p.m.

That looks like one of the rubber feet for a Rhino Ramp that's supposed to stop it sliding around on a concrete floor.  Once the ramps are a few years old they tend to fall out when you pick the ramps up.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
3/13/19 6:09 p.m.

In reply to codrus :

Bingo!  Damn dude, that was impressive.  The hive never fails to amaze me.

Now any idea why freshly installed MX-5 suspension would be thunky?

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/13/19 6:25 p.m.
dean1484 said:

I don't know about the rubber thing but the 10 mm Socket definitely fell out.  There has to be at least a dozen of them hidden in my cars.  

impossible. 10mm sockets never return from the blackhole they fall into. I imagine out in the universe somewhere there is a race of people wondering where all the 10mm sockets are coming from

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/13/19 7:41 p.m.

That's actually a 10mm hammer tip from Harbor Freight. Purple and PITTSBURG are a dead giveaway.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
3/13/19 8:52 p.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

Because something isn't tight.

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
3/13/19 9:24 p.m.

yep, ramp foot. 

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
3/13/19 9:27 p.m.

Damn. Impressive problem solving.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
3/13/19 9:35 p.m.

Lol-they obviously fall out a lot because I knew exactly what it was from mine falling out.

Rodan
Rodan HalfDork
3/13/19 10:42 p.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

Check the jack/tools in the rear fenderwell.  They came loose in our NC... sounds just like something loose in the suspension over bumps.  Drove me nuts 'till I figured it out.

codrus
3/13/19 11:06 p.m.
MrJoshua said:

Lol-they obviously fall out a lot because I knew exactly what it was from mine falling out.

Yeah, I've picked mine up off the floor a lot. :)

Curtis
Curtis GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/14/19 10:18 a.m.

Image result for buffer panel serenity gif

Sparkydog
Sparkydog Reader
3/14/19 11:50 a.m.

I field stripped my ramps long ago and threw those pesky ramp turds in the garbage can.

codrus
3/14/19 4:00 p.m.
Sparkydog said:

I field stripped my ramps long ago and threw those pesky ramp turds in the garbage can.

Mine will slide around on the concrete floor without them.  I've though about drilling a hole through them and the edges of the recess they mount in so I can secure with a zip tie though.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
V3mfemEfCJ27FBT0CnfMc1rer7zUlb1bvysYQaXQ1fVgvenTq47OxnjO4rfVQbgj