GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/2/13 8:49 a.m.

What's the difference between DC2s that look like this:

And DC2s that look like this?

Just cosmetic?

turtl631
turtl631 New Reader
9/2/13 10:52 a.m.

The first is even more likely to get stolen.

Run_Away
Run_Away GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/2/13 11:09 a.m.

The first is the JDM front end. They got the 4 headlamp front end in Japan too, but my understanding is the 2 headlamp version was more popular.

Obviously the 2 headlight front end was never sold in North America, but there are a ton of conversions here.

I believe you could get either front end in any of the trim levels, but don't quote me on that. I know the are two versions of the "JDM" front end, one with factory HID headlamps and one without.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
9/2/13 11:11 a.m.
Run_Away wrote: The first is the JDM front end. They got the 4 headlamp front end in Japan too, but my understanding is the 2 headlamp version was more popular. Obviously the 2 headlight front end was never sold in North America, but there are a ton of conversions here. I believe you could get either front end in any of the trim levels, but don't quote me on that. I know the are two versions of the "JDM" front end, one with factory HID headlamps and one without.

This. The front end usually came with JDM half cuts, and kids started putting it on too- along with the RHD conversions, they're plentiful.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/2/13 12:23 p.m.

I wonder if the cutoff on the top headlights are backwards as they are RHD?

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/2/13 12:26 p.m.

probably. I am unsure which one I like better

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/2/13 12:41 p.m.

I definitely like the rectangular headlights better. Saw one for sale on the way to work that made me think of it, we get JDM cars here and there is about a 50/50 split between the two variants.

3brokenhondas
3brokenhondas New Reader
9/2/13 7:25 p.m.

A lot of money and I think a core support.

beans
beans HalfDork
9/3/13 7:56 a.m.

All Integras from 94/95(Maybe 96, too) were the four headlight version. From '96 or '97, all the JDM-land ones used the rectangular headlights. Everywhere else got the four-headlight models(for the most part) until the RSX/DC5's. Most of the other markets with the rectangular headlights were grey-market, aside from the usual southeast Asian markets. Personally, I like the 98-01 four-headlight models the best. My roommate has a 95 coupe with the rectangular JDM front end on it, it looks good, but I prefer my Integras to look like Integras, not like my Accord.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
9/3/13 8:03 a.m.

Not being conversant in Asian alphabet soup I was wondering how aircraft had headlights

Duke
Duke PowerDork
9/3/13 10:41 a.m.
Slippery wrote: I wonder if the cutoff on the top headlights are backwards as they are RHD?

Yes, it is, which is annoying as crap to other drivers.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy Dork
9/3/13 10:46 a.m.

Probably worse even than aircraft landing lights....

Vigo
Vigo UberDork
9/3/13 11:08 a.m.

This thread just made me realize i started mistakenly referring to them as dc3s at some point. Derp!

beans
beans HalfDork
9/3/13 11:11 a.m.

In reply to Vigo:

DC2- GSR/ITR, DC4 GS/LS/RS coupe. DB8 is GSR sedan. DB7 is LS/RS/GS sedan.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
9/3/13 11:25 a.m.

Wait, I thought it was by year, not by trim level. No expert here, though.

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
9/3/13 11:30 a.m.

in that case ... what is the DC 3 (besides a great airplane) ?

and I'm with Duke ... I thought they went by yr.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/3/13 11:30 a.m.
Duke wrote: Wait, I thought it was by year, not by trim level. No expert here, though.

Just call 'em DCs or 3rd gen Integras and people will know what you mean. Honda is weird about having a billion different chassis codes for what's essentially the same damn car.

steronz
steronz Reader
9/3/13 1:05 p.m.

beans' codes are correct and apply for Integras made between 94 and 01, so to make things easy everything for that 7 year period is just a DC2. For 90-93, you had the DB1 (sedan), DA9 (coupe), and DB2 (GSR), but everything for that 4 year period is just a DA. The RSX was a DC5 but nobody cares. The DC3 is a USDM '99 Type R.

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
9/3/13 9:23 p.m.

that helps ... a bit .. people had always called my '01LS a DC3 ... even though the VIN starts DC 4 ... so I was confused .... which isn't unusual

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UltraDork
9/3/13 9:27 p.m.

JDM y0 an old co-worker of mine had the JDM conversion. It was a pretty clean car and not riced out at all.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
9/3/13 9:48 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: JDM y0 an old co-worker of mine had the JDM conversion. It was a pretty clean car and not riced out at all.

And this is an attractive car. I'd never drive it, but it's not ugly.

beans
beans HalfDork
9/5/13 10:54 a.m.

Red JDM ITR style. SBROOOOOOOOOONGGGGG!

DC3 never made it to production. Something like 4 cars were made pre-production that supposedly carried that chassis code.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BLZhIHtCz2P4pdi4WIR0zEA3XEkGvtlQrHd7AY5fGRWCFpHJA4Nmcl98pA47tOVT