ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
3/16/18 8:50 a.m.

As was pointed out in another thread, DTD on ebay is currently offering $100 off $400.  Anyone know if there is a way of stacking this with any of their other promotions?  It appears that the General, Goodyear, and Hankook rebates are all manufacturer rebates, so they would stack?

If so, minivan tire recommendations for 235/65-16 from one of those 3 brands that cost over $400 for a set?

If not, anyone know an easy way to add $8 to an order?  The Cooper CS5s for the minivan come to $392.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
3/16/18 9:06 a.m.

Edit:  Looks like if I stack, the General Altimax RT43 is $420-$100-$70, so $230.  Its actually rated better than the CS5 on Tire Rack.  And it did very well in TR's comparison test.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/16/18 9:13 a.m.

Not minivan specific, but I love my RT43's as a 3-season tire on my 2007 BMW 525xi.

2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
3/16/18 12:23 p.m.

Yes, the mfg rebates are still valid when you purchase with a discount. You could try getting DTD on the phone and asking if they'll take $100 off of the $392 order.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
3/16/18 6:09 p.m.

Stems, Mounting and Balance, will Kill that 8 Bucks, If that's Included as Purchase.

Rodan
Rodan HalfDork
3/16/18 8:35 p.m.

I wonder if you can use their CC on eBay...?

I've always done pretty well using their CC to double my rebates on sale weekends, but I always go to the local store, never bought online from DT.  

I once got $350 in rebates on a set of wheels and tires for our Bronco...devil

jfryjfry
jfryjfry HalfDork
3/16/18 9:09 p.m.

They have good thin-walled sockets hat don't have the sleeve meaning, (in my feeble mind) more steel to prevent them from breaking. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
3/16/18 10:34 p.m.

In reply to Rodan :

I just got the CC last month and had $320 off a set of wheels + tires for the DD.

octavious
octavious Dork
3/19/18 8:46 a.m.

I'm a day late to the OP, but my local Discount honored the promotion without me having to order through Ebay.  I also bought a full set a Michelins for my wife's SUV that cost a pretty penny, but still I thought it was cool.  

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/19/18 3:57 p.m.
octavious said:

I'm a day late to the OP, but my local Discount honored the promotion without me having to order through Ebay.  I also bought a full set a Michelins for my wife's SUV that cost a pretty penny, but still I thought it was cool.  

I was a few hours late for the discount myself, but through their online chat, I learned that the tires I wanted weren't part of the promotion anyway. Even so, they gave me $50 off, which was their share of the eBay promotion. That's pretty good customer service.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
3/19/18 4:09 p.m.

I have been impressed with the service at DT every time I have been there. To the point where I won't even consider using anyone else. 

I bought a set of tires for my truck and opted out of the road hazard warranty a few years back. Sure enough, about 3 months later my front left found a roofing nail. I went there to get it plugged and they did it for free, said if I had bought the warranty it would have been covered so they just took care of me. I was so impressed I went ahead and bought the coverage retroactively. There was no hard sell on their part, I was just pleased with their level of service. Great bunch of guys at my local store, and they recognize my truck when I roll in. It's getting hard to find places with such great service these days.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
3/19/18 4:17 p.m.

I took advantage of the same promo a couple years ago and stacked the $70 mail-in-rebate that Cooper was offering with it as well.  Got a great price on a set of Discoverer AT3s. 

There was a several page thread here of folks documenting their experience and rebate wait times.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
3/19/18 4:44 p.m.

Not in the market currently, but they are my go-to tire store. Always had good service and they have plenty of locations in the southeast in case I have a problem while travelling.

They have always plugged tires for free locally, even if you didn't buy them from DT. That wins my business alone.

turtl631
turtl631 HalfDork
3/19/18 6:19 p.m.

Thanks for the post! I ordered a set of staggered Falken RT615K+ for my M3, wide 18s cost enough that I was able to use the discount twice for $200 off.  275/315 stagger with sticky tires is going to be awesome!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/19/18 6:23 p.m.

In reply to turtl631 :

Wow, I hadn’t thought of that, though my tires weren’t eligible anyway. 

octavious
octavious Dork
3/20/18 9:25 a.m.

I also think their customer service is great.  So much so that I have bought my tires there for as long as I can remember.  My wife commented that she is comfortable going there because they are professional and don't give off "that creepy vibe" that some automotive repair/tire/sales places give off.  That's good enough for me because it means she can take her car for the tire rotations and I don't have to go. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/20/18 9:52 a.m.
turtl631 said:

Thanks for the post! I ordered a set of staggered Falken RT615K+ for my M3, wide 18s cost enough that I was able to use the discount twice for $200 off.  275/315 stagger with sticky tires is going to be awesome!

Goes off to check for tires for the 135i.

turtl631
turtl631 HalfDork
3/20/18 11:13 a.m.

I think the deal ended yesterday :(

I'll toss some pics up once I get them on.  Waiting on my wheels from Japan - TE37s.  Have wanted a set forever.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/20/18 11:52 a.m.
turtl631 said:

I think the deal ended yesterday :(

I'll toss some pics up once I get them on.  Waiting on my wheels from Japan - TE37s.  Have wanted a set forever.

Dang, oh well. 

Very nice on the Volks. I had my eye on doing a set of custom of BC Forged wheels for the E82, but then figured it was silly to spend $2600 on a set of wheels. So I settled for the APEX ARC-8 group buy. Wheels, stud kit, BMW center caps, and new TPMS sensors for $1300 shipped is a pretty good deal.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
T2P8ybG3LfpXFQpESbcw1RkGXSVNyXkoyYBSQRwsZ8OYGfRtpxmZwIKXg51l7Tmq