1 2
OutOfFocus
OutOfFocus New Reader
9/13/15 2:38 p.m.

I wonder how they will fare after warranty is over? There seems to be a lot of electronic trickery going on with torque vectoring and traction control.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap HalfDork
9/13/15 6:23 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: I went and test drove one during my recent DD search and while they were fun, powerfull, and nimble...the cramped and busy interior turned me off. I felt like a husky girl trying to fit into 4 times too small pants and created a muffin top. I'm not that big either 5 feet 10 inches 185 lbs....

Dude same here. I'm 5'7" 185lbs and hardly fit into the passengers side.

JoeTR6
JoeTR6 Reader
9/13/15 10:24 p.m.

I'm 5'6" and 130 lbs. My skinny ass fits well into a Fiesta ST. I can see how someone of normal proportions may not enjoy it so much, especially with the Racaros. That said, it's a sub-compact that should fit smaller people. You giants can go buy a land yacht.

penultimeta
penultimeta New Reader
9/13/15 10:37 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: I went and test drove one during my recent DD search and while they were fun, powerfull, and nimble...the cramped and busy interior turned me off. I felt like a husky girl trying to fit into 4 times too small pants and created a muffin top. I'm not that big either 5 feet 10 inches 185 lbs....

That's interesting. I'm 6' even and I didn't find it cramped. A bit snug perhaps, but I like that feeling. I test drove one when they first came out and really dug it. I was considering the FoST, but it's just too big for me so I can't really validly compare the two. Though, from a DD perceptive I wouldn't really want anything that's "twitchy" or "unpredictable". That's what miatas, locosts, and motorcycles are for. Another thing I like about the FiST is the relatively low beltline compared to most modern cars. It makes me feel much more aware of my surroundings.

Nathan JansenvanDoorn
Nathan JansenvanDoorn Dork
9/16/15 8:11 a.m.

Well, I looked at the hail damaged car , and I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Sketchy!!! Wasted two hours driving there and back - had an appointment only to get there and find out the car was at a different location- which happened to be a poorly lit underground garage. 'Sorry, the keys are upstairs, but you can look through the (tinted) windows to see the interior. No test drives.

So I went to the local dealer and drove a new one. Now I know this: I want one! The Fantastic little bugger feels much quicker than it is, and I can see myself enjoying one for a long time. This was the three door - which I quite like the lines of. I also drove an e60 540i tonight, and realised that I just don't like big cars as much - even nice ones. I fit in the fiesta just fine at 5 8" and 195lbs... (Aiming for 180lbs!)

Something to sleep on - I've never spent that much on a car!

lnlogauge
lnlogauge Reader
9/16/15 8:16 a.m.

what was the price difference for the hail damage?

I can deal with a little sketch if the savings is enough. I have my limit however.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/16/15 5:05 p.m.
OutOfFocus wrote: I wonder how they will fare after warranty is over? There seems to be a lot of electronic trickery going on with torque vectoring and traction control.

Nothing is actually new relative to cars from 10+ years ago, really. The different sensors have been in place, EPAS was there, and so forth. It's simply that we're doing more with it, as a result of more computing power and more development time with the systems. The only thing "new" is software.

Nathan JansenvanDoorn
9/16/15 11:44 p.m.

The hail damaged car was $13990 - 2013 model with ~5k miles with hail damage on every panel. Another $4k to repair the car, and have it shown as a repairable written off car on the record. Also some questions about how valid the factory warrantee would be... I drove a 2015 ST with 2k miles, 3yr/60k mile warrantee for $21k, and could get a new 2015 for $25900. They list for $29k here, and the Focus ST starts at $42k(!!)

The E60 540i I test drove sold new for $140,500. Cars are expensive here!

(

lnlogauge wrote:

what was the price difference for the hail damage?

I can deal with a little sketch if the savings is enough. I have my limit however.

91RSImpulse
91RSImpulse New Reader
9/17/15 12:26 p.m.

I bought my 2014 Chevy Sonic LTZ Turbo for $12,995 with 14k miles... It has been fantastic car honestly! I do have the Trifecta tune which puts out about 160whp/180 torque right now...they are revising the tune for more horsepower and other features at the moment... so I am hoping to be around 180whp/over 200 torque after this update :) so my $300 dollar investment into the tune will still be much less than buying a semi new or new Ford Fiesta ST... but I still will be about what the Ford Fiesta put down factory... still a fun car though!

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/17/15 12:45 p.m.
91RSImpulse wrote: I bought my 2014 Chevy Sonic LTZ Turbo for $12,995 with 14k miles... It has been fantastic car honestly!

He can't get a Sonic LTZ, he can only get a Holden Barina RS Turbo. It has 103KW of power @ 4900RPM and 200NM or torque @ 1850RPM...whatever that means!

GM needs to give this thing 225hp/tq because it is so good looking.

Nathan JansenvanDoorn
9/19/15 3:31 a.m.

Well, I pick up my White Fiesta ST on Tuesday, with Rado Grey wheels. Basically, this (not a picture of the actual car:

I'm very impressed with it...

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/19/15 6:35 a.m.

In reply to Nathan JansenvanDoorn:

Nice!

nepa03focus
nepa03focus HalfDork
9/19/15 6:54 a.m.
Nathan JansenvanDoorn wrote: Well, I pick up my White Fiesta ST on Tuesday, with Rado Grey wheels. Basically, this (not a picture of the actual car: I'm very impressed with it...

Wait wait wait,.you guys get the 3 door? I'm jealous

Coldsnap
Coldsnap HalfDork
9/19/15 7:49 a.m.

Whoa. You have a three door fiesta st? That completely changes my opinion on it. Hell yea buy one.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
9/19/15 9:42 a.m.
Coldsnap wrote: Whoa. You have a three door fiesta st? That completely changes my opinion on it. Hell yea buy one.

Everywhere but here gets the 3 door.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
9/19/15 9:55 a.m.

that 2 door is sweet.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap HalfDork
9/19/15 11:22 a.m.

That two door would est vws lunch hard over in us. Guess the markets not big enough to justify it though.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
d3dHCCHoLTx5SwqJK0jzWJEXGwdkqDz8Ohk5W6WKpXuY6nrOdIgUXDBVe8w7N1SL