Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
4/30/21 1:33 p.m.
feature_image

We’d been making fantastic progress outfitting our 2001 Ford F-250 to serve as the perfect tow vehicle. But each upgrade also added weight, and our truck was starting to show the strain.

It certainly wasn’t dangerous–turns out that doing the math and making sure we stayed within its factory ratings might not have been wasted effort, after all–but we …

Read the rest of the story

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/4/21 9:13 a.m.

When I ordered my '01 Super Duty I specified the camper package because of the rear sway bar.  I don't like slide in campers and in 280k miles of ownership I never used one but I did like the rear bar. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
5/20/21 4:05 p.m.

I just ordered a set of orange Konis for my 2016 Silverado truck.  Excited but not excited in compressing the springs.   

Hoping the mechanic place near me will charge me to swap them on their compressor if I bring them in.  

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
11/11/22 7:03 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

I just ordered a set of orange Konis for my 2016 Silverado truck.  Excited but not excited in compressing the springs.   

Hoping the mechanic place near me will charge me to swap them on their compressor if I bring them in.  

Ended up having a busy summer and installed them in August, 2021.  Noticed oil leaking early - contacted Koni for warranty.  Really excited to change these out again.  

amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter)
amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
11/11/22 8:33 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Bummer 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8d75Lt31vEENxLIyT3pcusQyuU8vidX9smlQM9R6NTLuQaazfRjSZu9rsqI5lzEr