1 2 3
Vracer111
Vracer111 HalfDork
8/11/21 2:29 a.m.

And this one has been in my favorites ever since it launched a decade ago...

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon Dork
8/11/21 10:05 a.m.
slantvaliant (Forum Supporter)
slantvaliant (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/11/21 12:52 p.m.
Porschev
Porschev New Reader
8/11/21 8:04 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

My fav vdub commercial. 

Reminds me of my nephew when he was five and dressed up as Darth Vader.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AePr-8n1STQ

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/11/21 9:20 p.m.

I'm surprised that this hasn't been added. 

BTW, David's submission that started the thread brought tears to my eyes. Nicole's finished me off. 

Boost_Crazy
Boost_Crazy Dork
8/11/21 10:09 p.m.

I love this one, especially as my daughter gets closer to driving age. 

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltimaDork
8/12/21 6:35 a.m.
wearymicrobe said:

https://youtu.be/XfMt2jtbW3Q

Good one, it made my face leak.  

BA5
BA5 GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/12/21 6:53 a.m.

That Ferrari/Shell one is a good one.

I've always burned a candle for the old Jonathan Pryce infiniti commericials.  They're just so...... something. laugh

I've started several high profile campaigns to bring him back as infiniti's spokesperson, but to no avail.

AENfor43
AENfor43 New Reader
8/12/21 3:06 p.m.

Oh come on people, let's be more patriotic than that! Mine is the Dodge Challenger driven by George Washington. Still on You Tube and let's ALL remember to watch it every Washington's Birthday!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/12/21 4:42 p.m.

The old dodge stealth commercial. I can't find a link for it right now, but at the very end, it did an awd launch on what was presumably a slippery surface, and it spun all 4 tires. 

Changed my life. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/12/21 9:26 p.m.

In the late 70s or early 80s, there was a Porsche commercial that they showed during football games in which a guy picked up a girl for a date and she said something like "You never told me you had a Porsche..."

He says, "You never asked".

Later, she ends up driving the car really fast. He says "You never told me you knew how to drive..."

She says, "You never asked".

I was too young to know which model Porsche they were driving, and I've never been able to find the ad online. 

j_tso
j_tso Reader
8/12/21 9:37 p.m.

In reply to Boost_Crazy :

Reminds me of this other really good Subaru ad.

It has subtitles but it's not hard to figure out.

car39
car39 Dork
8/13/21 11:28 a.m.
914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/13/21 12:38 p.m.
914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/13/21 12:43 p.m.

Always liked the VW commercial, "Ever wonder how the snowplow driver gets to work?"

Couldn't find the English version.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/13/21 12:52 p.m.

Car rental commercial- this one cracks me up.  

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/13/21 2:30 p.m.
Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
8/13/21 2:47 p.m.

While the VW "Unpimp zee auto" commercials are a clear winner for me, the 80's had some really weird, drug-fueled commercials that I love. One of my favorites is this Renault Encore commercial. I mean... just watch it. Someone really enjoyed Turbo Teen.

And who can forget the Datsun 10th Anniversary 280ZX BLACK GOLD commercial? I might need to smoke a cigarette after watching that.

Then there's this ridiculous Camaro commercial from 1984 where a 3rd Gen ends up on an alien planet full of rad crystals and when it drives by the inhabitants their eyes get all weird. I wish I could have sat in on the ad agency's meeting pitching this one to GM execs.

Drugs. Lots and lots of nose candy. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
8/13/21 2:49 p.m.

In reply to AENfor43 :

I have a poster of this somewhere. Washington and his guys just posing with a Dodge Challenger. I hear Bald Eagles cry in the distance every time I look at it.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/13/21 4:33 p.m.

In reply to Tony Sestito :

If we're doing Datsun - don't forget the Wazniak one.  I'm not sure of the music on the second one.  

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
8/13/21 4:42 p.m.

Jeep in deep snow

a little old, and low quality, but amazing SAAB action

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/13/21 7:56 p.m.

Forum convo about it from 2004, https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/has-anyone-seen-wachovia-securities-commercial.75506/#post-929840

it's a Wachovia commercial with two silver 5 series twins sliding and spinning down an empty city street at night. It was beautiful and then it was never seen again. I've been looking for it for years

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/13/21 8:19 p.m.

Well, since the "unpimp ze auto" and Ferrari/shell commercials are already listed:

Does this count as a commercial?

jerrysarcastic (Forum Supporter)
jerrysarcastic (Forum Supporter) Reader
8/13/21 8:40 p.m.

These days everyone is talking about the Hyundai and the Yugo.  Both nice cars, if you’ve got three or four thousand dollars lying around! But for those of us who’s name doesn’t happen to be “Rockefeller” finally there’s some good news...

NoviceClass
NoviceClass Reader
8/14/21 7:33 a.m.

Always one of my favorites

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PeZsMrI-bHg" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Iq6WXmkGtQyDAWtkMRt6x7vyBncsHFBv63E5fWAQUpz5jJmAChRu6NnhVtJsypny