1 2
cxhb
cxhb HalfDork
11/1/12 2:13 p.m.

I could use some cash, and after purchasing the FR-S I barely ever drive my civic hatchback. I love the car and I would love to have some more cash (and maybe pick up a Jeep Cherokee ) but I'm afraid I'll miss it. I havent autocrossed in over a year, nor have I done any track days. But I've always told myself I would do a track day with the car before I sold it. Am I making a big mistake?

WhiteLX
WhiteLX Reader
11/1/12 2:18 p.m.

I miss nearly every vehicle I have ever owned.

yamaha
yamaha Dork
11/1/12 2:19 p.m.

just do those things with the frs....

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/1/12 2:24 p.m.
WhiteLX wrote: I miss nearly every vehicle I have ever owned.

This.

Except for that 83 Stanza. I wish I had blown it up rather than selling it.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltraDork
11/1/12 2:25 p.m.

To answer the question, nope. Reason being, I know who I sold it to, where it sits, and if I want to I can buy it back at just about anytime.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/1/12 2:33 p.m.

Sometimes, when I remember the good stuff, I miss her. When I get to thinking about what she still needed, and all the reasons I sold her, I don't.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/1/12 2:35 p.m.

Yeah, I still miss that '75 Nova. Strangely.

Still, there are many cars to try out, and there are others I'd switch to first long before doing another Nova.

I think with an FR-S to play with in the meantime, by the time you have time and money for another play car, you may want to do something different.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Reader
11/1/12 2:42 p.m.

i still have mine. i miss some of the older versions, though. n itroused primerd beater was fun.

i dont miss any of the others except my built 98 dakota though. i had all my fun with them, sold them at the right time for the right reasons, etc.

Jaynen
Jaynen HalfDork
11/1/12 2:44 p.m.

I miss it because of the money I wasted.

I bought a focus SVT new for probably over 25,000 when you take into account interest maybe even 30,000

Had wheels tires/udp/exhaust/testpipe/GC coil overs/custom valved konis/and aim mychron gold Data acq.

Sold it with 32,000 miles on it on 2007 for 7500 bucks... facepalm

That car was the perfect storm however because ford starting selling new ones within 2 years of me buying mine for 17k plus depreciation. Having gone debt free and ditching the truck with a payment I replaced it with I wish I had that car back (but now I have a commuter and a miata)

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/1/12 2:45 p.m.

Pretty much, no. Not the first one, not many of the ones after. Out of the 100+ cars already there's only 3 I want back: a modified FC with a ported 13B, an all-stock Talon TSi AWD (don't miss the modded one at all), and my FB RX-7.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/1/12 2:51 p.m.

You've already sold it in your mind. Move on.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
11/1/12 2:54 p.m.

The "first" car I really modified myself was my P10 G20. It wasn't quite the looker, but it did have some Tein Springs and some wheels on it.

I amaze myself sometimes. I managed to vaporlock it when i unbolted the exhaust system at the muffler. The pipe pointed straight up at the tank and managed to heat the fuel up to the point where it wouldn't run.

The car/s I really do miss are my E30 and E36. Two of the best looking, driving, awesome cars I ever had. Really kick myself for selling them.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
11/1/12 2:55 p.m.

Yes. My 1989 Caprice. I put headers and duals on it, van ralley's and flipped the air cleaner lid. Loved that car. I was also 18-23 when I owned it.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/1/12 2:58 p.m.

Still own mine, only car I sold is one I wish I could have blown up instead.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Dork
11/1/12 2:59 p.m.

That's the same question as " do you miss your first car.". I've modified every car I've ever owned. If I were you, I'd sell it. Heck, an FRS is practically the same car anyway.

( ducks and runs for cover)

yamaha
yamaha Dork
11/1/12 3:24 p.m.

My first truck, I don't miss......my second and last truck, I do miss. Its still a PITA to find a 98+ S10 thats 2wd, 4.3L, 5sp, standard cab, with zq8 and the lsd rear end. Mine was even in pewter, manual everything, no a/c, and was one of the first hybrid 4.3L's done in the dime community. Only thing I wished it had was a flareside bed. I really didn't want to sell it, but I was 4hrs from home in college, and had 4 vehicles at that time. I chose well with whom I sold it to though......they drove from council bluffs, IA to Indianapolis to get it.....last I heard from them, it now has a ls1/6sp combo in it.

Raze
Raze SuperDork
11/1/12 3:52 p.m.

Are we talking 'modified' or MODIFIED?

And I'm with WhiteLX on this one, in some way or another I miss them all...

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
11/1/12 3:54 p.m.

Yep. But I've modified almost all the vehicles I've owned.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose New Reader
11/1/12 4:42 p.m.

I miss hitting full boost by 3500 in my supra...
Hell, I miss Boost, period.
I don't miss 10MPG or not being able to hear the stereo over the exhaust.

thestig99
thestig99 Reader
11/1/12 4:46 p.m.

I did, but then I got it back

nicksta43
nicksta43 Dork
11/1/12 4:56 p.m.

I wish I had them all back. None of them have ever gotten to the point where I would call them done and I'd like to have a yard full of thirty or so cars that I could finish.

With one exception, I had an '86 GMC pickup 2wd lifted 6" on 35's. While I had the trans out being upgraded by my cousin I bought an $800 1988 Buick century to get back and forth to work. I do NOT want that car back.

failboat
failboat SuperDork
11/1/12 5:09 p.m.

This. Even the ones that weren't projects. Even that E36 M3box 87 Sable.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/1/12 6:17 p.m.
cxhb wrote: I could use some cash, and after purchasing the FR-S I barely ever drive my civic hatchback. I love the car and I would love to have some more cash (and maybe pick up a Jeep Cherokee ) but I'm afraid I'll miss it. I havent autocrossed in over a year, nor have I done any track days. But I've always told myself I would do a track day with the car before I sold it. Am I making a big mistake?

First step to hoarding. The desire to hang on to something based on potential. You haven't used it, you have the FR-S, you need the money. Will you ever use it again? Only the universe knows. I say move on. Track the Scion. Only car I truely miss is the Alfa. Was so nice to drop the top at any moment.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/1/12 6:18 p.m.
ultraclyde wrote: That's the same question as " do you miss your first car.". I've modified every car I've ever owned. If I were you, I'd sell it. Heck, an FRS is practically the same car anyway. ( ducks and runs for cover)

Agreed. I'll cover you. Get goin.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/1/12 10:38 p.m.

Mine came back. It's currently in the garage. I know the kid who modified it doesn't know as much as I do and did some embarrassing things, so I'm going to have to go through the poor thing again and repair his work.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wwk2IGvgbtOk83sJHTaiwMx0uVUmoThN0RjNoaihU1Qw7VeX7fQkyWXIFz1BvjU9